Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree16Likes
  • 7 Post By Holly
  • 4 Post By K9TB
  • 1 Post By roarmouse
  • 4 Post By Ravenclaw

Thread: Snarky Nomad--rave review of the A30

Snarky Nomad--rave review of the A30

Snarky Nomad is one of my favorite travel blogs. I just love his special brand of humor (well, sarcasm!) and he does great reviews. He's previously chosen the Synapse as his favorite backpack and now--just 4 days ago on January 11th--he posted a really nice review of the A30. See it here: So this is probably the best duffel bag for frequent air travel I agree with his points--it's an awesome bag all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Snarky Nomad is one of my favorite travel blogs. I just love his special brand of humor (well, sarcasm!) and he does great reviews. He's previously chosen the Synapse as his favorite backpack and now--just 4 days ago on January 11th--he posted a really nice review of the A30. See it here: So this is probably the best duffel bag for frequent air travel I agree with his points--it's an awesome bag all around.
    Thanks for sharing.His S25 review was just as well-done. Add both to "External Bag Review" thread/category?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roarmouse View Post
    Thanks for sharing.His S25 review was just as well-done. Add both to "External Bag Review" thread/category?
    Good call! And: done. :)
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I thought it was a good review, but I think he felt like he had to come up with a 'negative' as part of the review, so threw in the 'no dedicated laptop compartment' stuff. But of course I think it's a Postitive that there's no dedicated laptop compartment. If you aren't carrying a laptop, then the padding is a waste of space/weight. Much better to add your own laptop pouch when - and only when - you are carrying a laptop.
    What's better than o-rings? More o-rings.

Thanks, Darcy!

Quote Originally Posted by K9TB View Post
    I thought it was a good review, but I think he felt like he had to come up with a 'negative' as part of the review, so threw in the 'no dedicated laptop compartment' stuff. But of course I think it's a Postitive that there's no dedicated laptop compartment. If you aren't carrying a laptop, then the padding is a waste of space/weight. Much better to add your own laptop pouch when - and only when - you are carrying a laptop.
    I had the same thought.You beat me to posting it.

Great review. It made me that much more excited to take my new Black Dyneema/Wasabi A30 on its maiden voyage this weekend. I am heading to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando. I am determined to travel light with only a carry-on, and I think the A30 will be perfect. I had an A45 in the past, but after a back injury it became too much for me to carry. I practice packed the A30, and the total weight came in at 15 pounds. I think I can get the weight down even lower, with some more careful consideration of what I'm packing. I really like the compartmentalization of the A30; enough organization but not too many compartments. I have a Tri-Star too, which is a great bag, but it has too many compartments for my organizational style. I like to be able to open up a bag and easily see my stuff.