Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree22Likes
  • 15 Post By jujigatame
  • 3 Post By Pokilani
  • 3 Post By Rocks
  • 1 Post By BJ Nemeth

Thread: It was a merry Christmas

It was a merry Christmas

Santa Claus, in his infinite wisdom, saw fit to bring a few TB goodies to me for Christmas.

xmas bihn
    by jjgtme, on Flickr

Two Dyneema pouches - mini in Iberian and small in wasabi
    A Q-Kit in navy
    A size 2 travel stuff sack in wasabi
    5 yards of wasabi cord

The small organizer pouch immediately went in my CP to hold all of the little "just in case" items. I'm thinking the Q-Kit will be a good carry pouch for my small Leatherman and a few other tools. I'm not sure of a job for the mini organizer pouch yet so I'll have to peruse the forums for some inspiration on that front.

I had the stuff sack in mind for holding my winter pullover. It compresses quite a bit but as an XL size item I wasn't quite sure it would make it. Turns out that size 2 was just right giving a snug fit with no leftover wasted room.

stuff sack jacket
    by jjgtme, on Flickr

stuff sack full
    by jjgtme, on Flickr

The wasabi cord is in place on the side pockets of my CP and I think it looks great with the nordic Dyneema.

wasabi cord
    by jjgtme, on Flickr

Thanks TB and Santa for a Dyneema-filled holiday.

(TB Crew - feel free to use any of these pics if you so desire.)

I don't even like Wasabi, but it looks amazing with Nordic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Exhaust the little moment.
    Soon it dies.
    And be it gash or gold it will not come
    Again in this identical disguise."
    -Gwendolyn Brooks

I have two Q Kits and one on the way. One holds earbuds and a glasses cleaning cloth, one holds a Swiss Champ Swiss army knife, and the one on the way will be for corralling change.
    Great pics! I love your Nordic Copilot!

I ordered a Q-Kit simply to test it out and see if I could find a good use for it. It arrived today (along with my Forest Pilot), and as soon as I got it in my hands, I realized it would be perfect for storing the individually-wrapped Lifesaver mints that I carry on each trip (and often hand out to co-workers). It's so much nicer than keeping them in a small ziplock bag or loose in my Snake Charmer. (I plan to add another Q-Kit to my next Tom Bihn order.)
    Aeronaut (Original in Hunter Green), Smart Alec (Hunter Green), Pilot (Forest), Co-Pilot (Black), Synapse 25 (Black Dyneema), Two Large Shop Bags (Iberian and Steel), Passport Pouch (Iberian), Two Travel Trays (Solar stays in the Aeronaut, Iberian stays home), more than a dozen accessories.