Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree31Likes
  • 13 Post By nukediver
  • 1 Post By Ilkyway
  • 4 Post By moriond
  • 3 Post By nukediver
  • 1 Post By Moosezilla
  • 1 Post By Moose
  • 8 Post By Badger

Thread: Day at the beach with Nordic Synapse 19

Day at the beach with Nordic Synapse 19

It's another beautiful beach day here "down the shore" in Jersey. Today my Nordic Synapse 19 is accompanying us - it's the perfect size to hold my beach stuff. It's got room for sunblock, towel, water bottle, book, kindle, magazine, binoculars, transistor radio, and a sun shirt. And it always looks so pretty in the bright sunlight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

even color-coordinated with your avatar. I am deeply impressed. This would make a great holiday-postcard!

Ilkyway

Volunteer Moderator
    @nukediver Another great Synapse at the beach picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    This would make a great holiday-postcard!
    @Ilkyway I think you joined the forums a little after the Desert Island TB thread. You can read my post about bags "auditioning" for the part. I linked to one of @nukediver's earlier Synapse pictures:

Great taste in bag colors (ahem! I have both the Nordic/Steel Dyneema S19 shown in the first post, and my original Indigo/Solar Cordura Synapse).

There are also some other great replies for candidate desert island bags in that thread.

HTH. moriond

After a whole day on the beach, I think I need a bag in a color which complements sunburn. Any thought?

Quote Originally Posted by nukediver View Post
    After a whole day on the beach, I think I need a bag in a color which complements sunburn. Any thought?
    I have a snake charmer in Cayenne...that might match!

Volunteer Moderator
    Does this mean you're thinking of a burnt orange bag? Take a look at @ceepee's pictures in the Tom Bihn based tiered EDC thread for examples.

HTH moriond

P.S. When did you change your location from "Jersey Shore" to "Metuchen, NJ"? (memories of NJ Transit)

ETA: @Moosezilla is correct: Cayenne also goes very well with your Nordic Dyneema (and I think it looks even better with Steel 400d Dyneema) They stopped making snake charmers in Cayenne, which is officially retired (see Darcy 's post Bye to: Cayenne 500d Cordura but you can still find pouches and the Double Organizer Pouches made in this color.
    Last edited by moriond; 07-05-2014 at 08:52 PM.

I have a cardinal Pocket Pouch if it will help.
    Moose
    Ilkyway likes this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

You could just keep the Nordic S19. Wear it over a white shirt. You'll look ever so patriotic 🇺🇸

In a couple weeks, the same look will be perfect for Bastille Day 🇫🇷

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Does this mean you're thinking of a burnt orange bag? Take a look at @ceepee's pictures in the Tom Bihn based tiered EDC thread for examples.

HTH moriond

P.S. When did you change your location from "Jersey Shore" to "Metuchen, NJ"? (memories of NJ Transit)

ETA: @Moosezilla is correct: Cayenne also goes very well with your Nordic Dyneema (and I think it looks even better with Steel 400d Dyneema) They stopped making snake charmers in Cayenne, which is officially retired (see Darcy 's post Bye to: Cayenne 500d Cordura but you can still find pouches and the Double Organizer Pouches made in this color.
    Burnt Orange would be about right, actually. And it's already on my wish list, perhaps for yet another Synapse, because Autumn will be here before you know it, and what better color to go with the changing leaves?

And I think I've always had my location as Metuchen, even though I'd rather be living down the shore, but who can afford a house there that isn't the size of a postage stamp?
    Last edited by nukediver; 07-07-2014 at 05:37 AM.