Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Member

Where did your TB bag go lately, TB crew?

YEAH! Show and tell, TB crew. :)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Ohhh, this can be a tough one. Sometimes we're carrying bags that are prototypes or special bags we made out of a new material that we wanted to test and we can't show you those! (I'm rotating through three Shop Bags in new potential materials right now; none of them would be made available anytime soon, we're just experimenting with new fabrics.)

But here's a couple. Tom texted us this photo of his Aeronaut 45 while on the plane on his way to a family reunion. They said the plane was full/no more luggage could fit. Ha! Look how nicely that A45 slips between the rollers.

Where did your TB bag go lately, TB crew?-tomaeronautplane-jpg

And this weekend I decided to get a couple of books I've been eying for a while at the bookstore:

Where did your TB bag go lately, TB crew?-bookstore-jpg

I have the root vegetable cookbook that @sturbridge recommended on order. Was hoping it'd be there when I picked up the other two books but not quite yet.
    Last edited by Darcy; 06-29-2015 at 10:12 AM.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Ohhh, this can be a tough one. Sometimes we're carrying bags that are prototypes or special bags we made out of a new material that we wanted to test and we can't show you those! (I'm rotating through three Shop Bags in new potential materials right now; none of them would be made available anytime soon, we're just experimenting with new fabrics.)
    Darcy, I just love how you sneak that tantalizing news in there that you all are working on prototypes for new projects/fabrics! Time to start another speculation thread perhaps?!

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    Darcy, I just love how you sneak that tantalizing news in there that you all are working on prototypes for new projects/fabrics! Time to start another speculation thread perhaps?!
    Not quite yet. :) Most of the fabrics we're testing (if they pass muster) won't debut until next year or even the year after.

As far as the next debuts: there might be one sometime late September/early October or we might save everything up for a mid-November debut.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Not quite yet. :) Most of the fabrics we're testing (if they pass muster) won't debut until next year or even the year after.

As far as the next debuts: there might be one sometime late September/early October or we might save everything up for a mid-November debut.
    Oh, have a pre-November throw-us-a-bone/calm-down-the-masses debut!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Just snapped this photo of Lily panting while lounging on her Sheepskin Bed. It's been super hot here in Washington!

Where did your TB bag go lately, TB crew?-lilysheep-jpg

Awesome. I'm always envious of those who were around for some of the crazy old fabrics (especially the ripstop fabric and Ego/Super Ego stripes). Here's hoping those shop bags don't die!

Forum Member

But here's a couple. Tom texted us this photo of his Aeronaut 45 while on the plane on his way to a family reunion. They said the plane was full/no more luggage could fit. Ha! Look how nicely that A45 slips between the rollers.

Where did your TB bag go lately, TB crew?-tomaeronautplane-jpg

And this weekend I decided to get a couple of books I've been eying for a while at the bookstore:

I have the root vegetable cookbook that @sturbridge recommended on order. Was hoping it'd be there when I picked up the other two books but not quite yet.
    Thanks for sharing the pictures Darcy!

Tom's picture of the A45 is exactly what I was talking about when I pointed out, in another post, how rollers are massively bigger than even the biggest TB bag. While they are considered soft luggage, the frame makes them only able to fit one way, typically the least efficient manner, one can only place a coat on top of them.

Let us know how you like Letters of Notes!

Just snapped this photo of Lily panting while lounging on her Sheepskin Bed. It's been super hot here in Washington!

Here in Akron OH we have your rain. I saw on the news how hot it is there!

Forum Member

Looking good Lily!

Do you know how much this both excites and frightens me? I already bought a bunch of holiday gifts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Exhaust the little moment.
    Soon it dies.
    And be it gash or gold it will not come
    Again in this identical disguise."
    -Gwendolyn Brooks

Volunteer Moderator

Just wanted to remind people via reference to the original thread about the Letters of Note web site that they can read some of these entries on line. Also wanted to point out that the second volume of Letters of Note is available for pre-order.

For some reason my phone's web browser threw me out each time I tried to embed a link with my reply, so this reply had to await getting onto my laptop.

moriond

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Hannah's Avatar
    Where did your TB bag go lately, TB crew?-img_0355-jpg

Where did your TB bag go lately, TB crew?-img_0356-jpg

Not quite a picture of my bags (yet), but a quick snap of Chihiro (official Tom Bihn cat -- that's right Darcy, I made it official!) on her Small Camp Mat. I'll be taking pictures of my new Aeronaut 30 when I visit Vancouver this weekend! :)
    Last edited by Hannah; 06-30-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Attachment 12546

Not quite a picture of my bags (yet), but a quick snap of Chihiro (official Tom Bihn cat -- that's right Darcy, I made it official!) on her Small Camp Mat. I'll be taking pictures of my new Aeronaut 30 when I visit Vancouver this weekend! :)
    Enjoy! I'd love to visit western Canada!

What cute pets you have, @Hannah and @Darcy!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk