Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Burnt Orange unboxing: and my six pack

Happy St. Patrick’s Day, everyone! And although I want to assure my Irish great-grandmother that I am indeed wearing green, and the last thing I want to do on this of all days is to fan the flames of the Troubles, it’s the “other” Irish color that I’m excited about today: Burnt Orange.

My box of TB goodies arrived today! Thank you to the kind souls who took pity on me and my pathetic pleading and sent me the Small Q-Kit in the Burnt Orange of my dreams. Here is the unboxing photo [in the 80-degree sunshine] of my new Burnt Orange SE, small Q-Kit, and COW. I’m so happy.

Burnt Orange unboxing: and my six pack-unboxing-jpg

They join my Burnt Orange DLBP. I think this photo of the Clan Orange shows how little difference there is, in terms of color, between the BO Cordura and the new BO Ballistic.

Burnt Orange unboxing: and my six pack-familyorange-jpg

Finally, I thought I’d also share a photo of my six pack: no, not beer, @badger! And no, not my abs either. This is my six pack of Side Effects, which I think is my favorite TB bag of all. The line-up includes, starting at the top left and working down, Aubergine, Verde, Nordic Dyneema, Black Dyneema, a first-generation Indigo Cordura with sewn-in waist strap, and of course Burnt Orange. I'm in love.

~Nancy

Burnt Orange unboxing: and my six pack-sixpack-jpg

PS I'd love a Side Effect in Red Blend, if TB ever makes another Cordura SE! Or in Iberian Dyneema: something red or a gorgeous saturated pink like the retired Azalea or Punch.
    Last edited by ncb4; 03-17-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Bet that BO would look lovely next to the Verde.

Or should I say...... even lovelier next to the Verde :)

Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    Bet that BO would look lovely next to the Verde.

Or should I say...... even lovelier next to the Verde :)
    Ask and ye shall receive, @ceepee. And the two colors do pair beautifully, I agree.

Burnt Orange unboxing: and my six pack-orangegreen-jpg

Love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel LS * Latest: Dyneema Bonanza * Wishlist: Keep Island

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive, @ceepee. And the two colors do pair beautifully, I agree.
    Always loved orange and green together. I'll just continue to dream of a BO/Verde bi-colour Swift with Steel lining :-) And how is your leg, Nancy?

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Always loved orange and green together. I'll just continue to dream of a BO/Verde bi-colour Swift with Steel lining :-) And how is your leg, Nancy?
    @adalangdon, you are so sweet to remember about my surgery! I'm doing very well. I still walk with a limp, and probably will until I get the other tendon repaired as well, probably next fall. But it's very gratifying to meóand a huge reliefóthat I'm back up and active again. The day after my cast was removed, it took me 45 minutes to walk around the block, in a boot and with crutches. This morning I walked more than two miles in that same amount of time. I'm not going to win any Olympic gold medals, but I'm thrilled.

~Nancy