Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

How I Pack my Synapse 25 for School

Hey all,

I put together a first video review of my Synapse 25/Snake Charmer/Side Effect work EDC (I'm a teacher). Hope you like it.

Fraser

Volunteer Moderator
    Great video, @fraserspeirs! I'll add a few comments: you're correct that the distinctive feature of the Synapse is the way that all the compartments flex to adjust their volume to the load. This applies not only to the side panels, but also to the dividers between the bottom zippered pocket and the middle and side pockets of the Synapse. (In your case, with the Snake Charmer and Bose headset case, the front zippered pocket is pretty full, but if you under fill it, using 3D Organizer cubes instead, it will also adjust to carrying less; another popular accessory to stash in the bottom pocket of the Synapse 25 is the Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, which can overfill the pocket (and push into the main compartment of the Synapse 25), if it is completely full.

You might want to consider getting a handle loop with Snaphook to make it easier to pull out your Side Effect. I suspect this is something you might find more useful if you pack the Side Effect in your Pilot, or other travel bags, than in the Synapse 25 water bottle pocket. Also, I don't imagine you'll need to carry the Snake Charmer separately, but I always meant to add a comment to @Janine's Diaper Charmer thread (that details using the Snake Charmer for separately carrying items for changing her kids), that you can attach the shoulder strap from the Field Journal Notebook Accessories product page to the webbing tabs at either end and carry the Snake Charmer over your shoulder.

Great looking Synapse, BTW.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Great video, Fraser.

I also like carrying the Snake Charmer in the front bottom compartment.

My SE usually goes in the main section on the bottom.

Moriond, I never considered the possibility of the Snake Charmer as a standalone bag but I can see the appeal!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk