Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Forum Member eWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT -03:00 (Brazil)
    Posts
    754

    Lightbulb DayLight BackPack & Pilot: Perfect Match!!

    Dyneema DLBP inside the back pocket of a Ballistic Pilot

    I turned inside out like the PCBP and folded in the middle

    Name:  DLPI.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  104.0 KB
    Name:  DLPI2.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  48.3 KB

    Then just slided in...

    Name:  DLPI3.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  36.3 KB
    Name:  DLPI4.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  35.1 KB
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-27-2014 at 09:11 AM.
    So much to catch up!

  2. #2
    Forum Member eWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT -03:00 (Brazil)
    Posts
    754

    Ballistic Pilot inside a Dyneema DLBP

    Ballistic Pilot inside a Dyneema DLBP

    Name:  DLPI5.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  34.3 KB

    It even has a space to store the Absolute shoulder strap on the top for easy reassemble!

    Name:  DLPI6.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  76.0 KB
    Name:  DLPI7.jpg
Views: 582
Size:  80.2 KB

    And it is a perfect fit! It seems like the DLBP was made to do this!

    Name:  DLPI8.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  120.0 KB
    Name:  DLPI9.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  117.2 KB

    It is a perfect way to go from formal to casual in less then a minute!
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-27-2014 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Improve layout in Tapatalk
    So much to catch up!

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    598
    eWalker, that's awesome! And useful!

    But may I say I can't help but think of that video where the anaconda swallowed a crocodile, while looking at your sequence of photos! :P

  4. #4
    Forum Member eWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT -03:00 (Brazil)
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    eWalker, that's awesome! And useful!

    But may I say I can't help but think of that video where the anaconda swallowed a crocodile, while looking at your sequence of photos! :P
    LOL !! I totally agree!! I even draw a couple eyes in white school erasers to put on the top of the DLBP but was afraid to be stoned for heresy!!

    The DLBP shape does look like a snake head and if the Pilot was Wasabi could a frog!
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-27-2014 at 06:50 AM.
    So much to catch up!

  5. #5
    Volunteer Moderator Ilkyway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Posts
    1,787
    eWalker that is so great! It is kind of like the best of both worlds. I will definitlly do this, thanks for sharing and taking pictures. I learn by pictures rather than words. (Maybe it is noticeable in me crying always for photos?)

    Ilkyway



    Edit: this would look good in the "How to" section.

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    LOL !! I totally agree!! I even draw a couple eyes in white school erasers to put on the top of the DLBP but was afraid to be stoned for heresy!!

    The DLBP shape does look like a snake head and if the Pilot was Wasabi could a frog!
    That would have been priceless!
    And people here have a great sense of humor ^.^

  7. #7
    Forum Member jess's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    351
    This is a great idea @ewalker! Since I'm a shopper, I love nesting bags like that so I always have one handy to add purchases. Do you think a cordura DLBP would fit the same way?

  8. #8
    Forum Member eWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT -03:00 (Brazil)
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    eWalker that is so great! It is kind of like the best of both worlds. I will definitlly do this, thanks for sharing and taking pictures. I learn by pictures rather than words. (Maybe it is noticeable in me crying always for photos?)
    @Ilkyway I started using Pinterest to collect useful information from the TB Forums and Blog.

    It kinds of functions like my visual personal index to TB bags tips and tricks!

    Just wished I had been using this since I started to read the Forums and Blog or even better if I could have direct access to @moriond bag memories ! :)

    If you are visual person, you should check it, you will love it!
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-27-2014 at 07:59 AM.
    So much to catch up!

  9. #9
    Forum Member eWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT -03:00 (Brazil)
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    Do you think a cordura DLBP would fit the same way?
    Yup! I tried with a Navy Cordura DLPB before giving it away... :(
    So much to catch up!

  10. #10
    Forum Member jess's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    351
    Awesome, thanks! And I love the idea of the pinterest board. I just started following yours :)

  11. #11
    Forum Member blackbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    207
    Me too! What a great idea - thanks @eWalker!
    "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

  12. #12
    Forum Member ncb4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    858
    @eWalker, your photos of the Black Dyneema Daylight, both here and on other threads, have nearly convinced me that this is the Daylight I should order. Major enabler points!

    ~Nancy

  13. #13
    Forum Member eWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT -03:00 (Brazil)
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    @eWalker, your photos of the Black Dyneema Daylight, both here and on other threads, have nearly convinced me that this is the Daylight I should order. Major enabler points!

    ~Nancy
    @ncb4 Nancy, the photos don't do the bag justice! It is much nicer in person!

    400d Dyneema is the perfect fabric for those amazing foldable packable ultralight TARDIS backpacks! ;)
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-27-2014 at 08:55 AM.
    So much to catch up!

  14. #14
    Forum Member blackbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Northeast US
    Posts
    207
    Wow, this is pretty ingenious. Go from business to play in no time - and a great way to bike your gear to and from work (if that's your preferred mode of travel, that is). Now all I need is a bike. And a Pilot. And a DLBP...
    "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

  15. #15
    Forum Member eWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    GMT -03:00 (Brazil)
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
    Wow, this is pretty ingenious. Go from business to play in no time - and a great way to bike your gear to and from work (if that's your preferred mode of travel, that is). Now all I need is a bike. And a Pilot. And a DLBP...
    I loaded the Pilot in mobile office mode with my 13" Samsung work computer in a Tb cache + external HD + All Cables & office supplies I current use (no planning... just throwed in) went to a meeting and in the way back just removed the tie, popped the Pilot in the DLBP and jumped in a motorcycle with a friend to go for lunch across town!

    So much fun, just perfect!
    So much to catch up!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •