OK, I have been using my Brain Bag for a while now and have come to a few conclusions about it:
1) The lack of a place for any documents is hard to deal with. Boarding passes have no place flat to live. Yes, I know there is an optional sleeve to address this limitation, but hey, the thing was already $200. Every boarding pass I have had since buyng this bag has been crumpled.
2) The front pockets are useless. The way they are cut makes them very limited in what they can carry, and anything in them is bent to match what is in the main compartment. Also the zippers are hard to see which makes them likely to be left unzipped. Really all three front pockets are very marginal.
3) The laptop insert -- Brain Cell -- is a pain as it has these straps all around it that keep flat things like magazines from being able to be placed in front of the laptop. Also, it is so hard to put in and remove from the pack that I can't see anyone really using it outside the pack.
4) The compression straps really add a lot of dangling stuff for little value.
5) There is no place that will take a water bottle.
I have a feeling this pack would be great for someone looking for a travel pack mainly for clothes. For a tech traveler though it just does not work. I am also annoyed that my new laptop, which is only 0.5" larger than my old one, requires a new investment. I think instead I will put this guy on ebay and try something different.