Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Packing for a week-long trip using just the Co-Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by aquaris85 View Post
    Question for the seasoned traveller, how do you carry-on your cologne or perfume? I see that those travel atomisers are a good way but how good are they? I'm worried about it leaking and wasting the expensive liquid.
    I've used travel atomizers before (bought from Sephora). I had the kind where I needed to fill a glass vial (via funnel) that was inserted into an aluminum casing. Refill was a pain; plus my perfume leaked within the casing. When I travel, I'll bring mini samples of perfume for the trip, where I can discard the tubes afterwards. If you really want to bring your favorite perfume or cologne, try getting a sample tube of that or fill a mini tube (with a cap or spray head) with it.

In the pic, the bottle on the left can last me 7-10 days, if I use two spritzes per day.

Name:  20140716_064336.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  832.9 KB

Question for the seasoned traveller, how do you carry-on your cologne or perfume? I see that those travel atomisers are a good way but how good are they? I'm worried about it leaking and wasting the expensive liquid.
    Atomizers are great! The ones I get are from Nordstrom and Sephora and they make great stocking stuffers. I used to carry two atomizers daily within my makeup bag and I never once thought they'd break or leak -- and they never did. I also carried them while traveling -- planes and cars mostly and also never had a problem with them leaking.

Also, fragrances are available in solid form. Check out Pacifica, L'Occitane, and Diptyque. There are sure to be a ton of lesser known retailers that sell them as well.
    so far: small clear OP (steel), small padded OP, small and medium DOP (burnt orange), Side Effect (black/steel), Synapse 19 (burnt orange/steel), Synapse 25 (burnt orange/steel)

want: Aeronaut 30 (black/steel), more BURNT ORANGE: OPs, keystraps, Side Effect, Ballistic Nylon, 200d Dyneema

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Atomizers are great! The ones I get are from Nordstrom and Sephora and they make great stocking stuffers. I used to carry two atomizers daily within my makeup bag and I never once thought they'd break or leak -- and they never did. I also carried them while traveling -- planes and cars mostly and also never had a problem with them leaking.
    Do you use the Travalo ones?

My wife uses a couple of these. http://www.travalo.com/

Refilling is pretty easy. You take off the nozzle of your perfume bottle (assuming you can; I have some cologne bottles where that is impossible), line up the bottom hole with the perfume bottle's tube, and push down as of you were spraying perfume/cologne. The advantage here, supposedly, is that apart from the much easier/much safer transfer method, both sides can stay pressurized.

On practice they've been ok. We bought an eBay knockoff and I think that has a slight leak. The genuine one we bought from Perfumania works better. Evaporation isn't an issue unless you leave the perfume on there for a long time. Now wife just transfers how much she thinks she will need for a trip instead of filling the whole thing.

Sent from my Iconia W4-820 using Tapatalk
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Thanks all for your input!

@amazngin Great tip on the little tester bottles!
    @itsablur Yea, for the Travalo, the cologne bottle has to be the traditional kind with the pump action.

There are also solid perfumes you can buy in very small containers. You then just rub on the scent. Pacifica makes one such solid perfume.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Hey OP, any chance you can share with us the total weight of your Co-Pilot once it's loaded, including any strap you may use? I'm super curious. (And still super impressed. )
    It's pronounced "Pan-Jiff-Oh-Knee."

Oh, and thank you for the Versalette link. I missed it on their first run, and I didn't realize they were back!!
    It's pronounced "Pan-Jiff-Oh-Knee."

Wow-super impressive! I need to change my whole packing strategy... Can you take pictures of your daily outfits? Pretty please?

Thanks for the info! I finally opened the vault and got a teck T-ready to rock and roll!
    That link to the 14 day test is just amazing to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Pangifone View Post
    Hey OP, any chance you can share with us the total weight of your Co-Pilot once it's loaded, including any strap you may use? I'm super curious. (And still super impressed. )
    +1 I too am interested in knowing the weight of your loaded co-pilot. Tbanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    Wow-super impressive! I need to change my whole packing strategy... Can you take pictures of your daily outfits? Pretty please?
    Still plan on bringing 1 t-shirt and 1 tank, but have decided on different ones instead. Here are samples of the outfits I can make/wear. Sorry I don't have a mannequin handy to display the outfits better. =)

Name:  PhotoGrid_1405644654221.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  248.2 KBName:  PhotoGrid_1405644851534.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  260.9 KBName:  PhotoGrid_1405644910128.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  206.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by amazngin View Post
    Still plan on bringing 1 t-shirt and 1 tank, but have decided on different ones instead. Here are samples of the outfits I can make/wear. Sorry I don't have a mannequin handy to display the outfits better. =)
    OK - this is pretty great! It reminds me of those fashion spreads like "A Month of Outfits with Six Key Pieces!" I always aim to model travel wardrobes on those, but never do. Thanks for taking the time to post this!

These are brilliant! Thanks for sharing the pictures. How does the fit of the bliss wrap run? I have been wanting to get one for a while. I keep telling myself I'll knit one, but all that yardage...it would be cheaper to buy one.
    My TB family:
    A45 in black/iberian, black/steel BB S25 in black dyneema S19 in black/iberian LCB in steel parapack/iberian CP in navy ballistic/solar Swift in steel dyneema LS in Aubergine SE in steel 400d dyneema, nordic dyneema/solar, solar TTs various pouches/key straps/YSSs iPad mini cache LSBs, SSBs PCSB, A45 PCBP in Nordic dyneema 360mm Quiver

Quote Originally Posted by flaneuse View Post
    These are brilliant! Thanks for sharing the pictures. How does the fit of the bliss wrap run? I have been wanting to get one for a while. I keep telling myself I'll knit one, but all that yardage...it would be cheaper to buy one.
    It's 150 ultralight merino so it's very thin. The style is loose in the body area without being too baggy. My chest size is 36" and I have a small, which fits better on me overall than a medium. With the medium, I'd be swimming in fabric all over. Because I'm 5'1" the front part can look a bit long because it's tapered, but on the back the fabric just covers my butt, which I like. The sleeves are very fitted, so the wrap is best worn with a sleeveless top underneath or a l/s that's very thin (i.e. Icebreaker 150 ultralight l/s) because bulk in that area will definitely show and it won't be pretty. The medium will be a little looser in the sleeve area. However, there will be lots more fabric in the body.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast