Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Tom Bihn based tiered EDC

How many followers of this modular EDC concept here are using your modules to switch between different backpacks/other EDC bags for different uses (i.e., one bag being a "work" pack, another being a "hiking" pack, etc.)?
    eWalker likes this.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    eWalker did you order the Nordic PCSB jet and are trying to justify it "afterpurchas"? If not, there is no need since it is out of stock. The only Nordic left are the two PCBPs. If you need help justifying one of these just say the word.
    @Ilkyway That was a typing mistake I meant to write PCBP!

I am so upset that I missed the 400d Dyneema PCSB that I guess it still haunts me!
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-05-2014 at 04:17 AM.
    Ilkyway likes this.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    How many followers of this modular EDC concept here are using your modules to switch between different backpacks/other EDC bags for different uses (i.e., one bag being a "work" pack, another being a "hiking" pack, etc.)?
    Not using yet but planning to!

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    @Ilkyway That was a typing mistake I meant to write PCBP!

I am so upset that I missed the 400d Dyneema PCSB that I guess it sill haunts me!
    I am sorry about that. It was not my intention to rub salt into that wound. By the way, love your new Avatar. Did I miss a panda in between or is this the second one? And also: I am not so much a "signature-person" though this might change, but I liked that you put your timezone into your signature so I modyfide your idea and put my timezone in the Location-Section under my Avatar.

Greetings
    Ilkyway
    eWalker likes this.

I am sorry about that. It was not my intention to rub salt into that wound.
    Itīs ok! Itīs my war scar, meant to remind me that procrastination is not a good tactic with deeply desired, dreamed, mouth watering TARDIS one-time-only-in-that-special-fabric-and-color bags!!

Donīt worry, my psychiatrist said I will recover fully if I survive TBAS of the "big order"! In the mean time TB Forums good vibes every six hours does help to ease the pain!

By the way, love your new Avatar. Did I miss a panda in between or is this the second one?
    That is the second one. Wait to see the next two! I canīt wait to the right time to post then!!

And also: I am not so much a "signature-person" though this might change, but I liked that you put your timezone into your signature so I modyfide your idea and put my timezone in the Location-Section under my Avatar.
    We are such a borderless community that I thought would be nice to have a reference that was not country or language related but would help give an idea of how spread we are! So when I saw it on the thread, I jumped into the wagon!

I have great fun playing with my signature!

Once I read that "the secret to live on small confined spaces is to make small changes (like a picture on the side of your bed) frequently and constantly".

I think that the same principle applies to many other things from outfits to marriage.

I may were black on black every day but I will always wear something different to charm away boredom.

Changing signatures is free and eco friendly but I loved your idea of placing the timezone under the Avatar!!
    Changing my right now!!

Cheers!!
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-05-2014 at 03:52 AM.

eWalker I had much fun reading your answer. Very glad you will survive!!! I would miss your humerus open-minded attitude.
    And as I like reading "signatures" and most of the time register, when they are changed, I might even have one of thous.

I like the quote. Can you share from where it is from?

MtnMan in parts I am doing this but not as consequently as I would like. The reason is, I can not decide which items go in which tear: nearly everything I carry around seems to be "so imported" that it should go in tear one or at least two. Since my teart-two-bag is eather a Side Effect or an UMP (which both go in any bigger bag as needed) space is limited. Than I start thinking tear two should be a bigger bag... and than the insanity starts all over again... Just an exmaple: an umbrella is dad weight until you need it. Where I live you do not need it often but when you need it you'd better have it or else you get WET.

Ilkyway
    eWalker likes this.

Yeah, that's me. My 'modules' are a documents-only MDOP, a small OP with essentials (tissue, foldable brush, digestive enzymes...), and an organiser wallet for name-cards. Sometimes I include KTPs, one of which holds 3 pens and the other my ipod nano, earphones, cleaning cloth, etc. All these pouches go into either a SCB or MCB. When I upsize my EDC (because of books, water bottle, dental kit...) I clip these things onto various points in my SA/S19/S25 but leave the small OP behind because my backpacks hold my SE containing the same stuff in the OP plus a little bit more.

It's troublesome taking out all my stuff to put it in another bag, but seeing as I have a well-defined set of things I need on me and love changing the colour of my EDC bag, I've gotten used to it.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    I do this, I have the small cork '11 mystery gift pouch with my earbuds and inhaler which goes into every bag. Often that is within whatever color SE I'm carrying, which I move from LS, to Imago, to MCB, co-pilot, or S19 depending on what I'm attempting to carry, and my mood. Sometimes I carry the SE solo, but that is rare. I don't use the SE in my SCB though.

So I guess my tiered EDC is the '11 mystery gift cork op, then the SE, then one of the larger bags.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, LS, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0