Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Do you take any extravagances?

But a towel is NOT a unusual, homey or travel item. It is just a plane necessarily. One can not leave anywhere without a towel, can one? A friend of mine once made fun of me by saying "you carry everything with you, don't you?" I tolled her to test me. She asked for a towel (she had not red THE GUIDE) there for she has to be excused. She thought she had asked for a tuff one but I had to disapoint her. A towel I said does not even come close to a challenge. If you want me to catch me something missing in my bag a towel is not a good starting point.

Just saying...

I think some people find it odd, that I carry a dedicated MP3 player with me even I do use a smart-phone which easily could cover that function. But that is my home out of home as it carries all my "must have" audio-books (and some music too). It is like a bookshelf in a pocked as for many people are there kindles. It even has its own 3D organizer cube as it is not small enough to fit in my SE with all the other thinks in there.

I take Rocks with me, a little clay rabbit. He let me use him as my username.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    But a towel is NOT a unusual, homey or travel item. It is just a plane necessarily.
    Nobody ever said it was unusual, the title of this thread is 'Do you take any extravagances?'. And being most hotels or destination places already have towel you can use, to bring a towel yourself would be considered an extravagance.

Sorry thorn, did not want to step on your toes. I meant my post in an eye-twinkling/funny way and was referring to the Douglas Adams connection that trailmix made.

oh, i certainly carry a towel most everywhere. the item i carry though transcends the notion of a large rag to simply dry one's self with, yet it nearly falls under this thread's mission. thus, the connection with D. Adams.
    Ilkyway likes this.

Being a serious coffee addict, I used to take a mini French press and ground coffee with me, however, starbucks Via has become a decent substitute and doesn't take as much space or require cleanup. The other odd thing I carry is a couple pre-measured ziplocs of protein powder - just have to make sure the flavor I travel with is chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
    oh, i certainly carry a towel most everywhere. the item i carry though transcends the notion of a large rag to simply dry one's self with, yet it nearly falls under this thread's mission. thus, the connection with D. Adams.
    The Douglas Adams Hitchhiker's Towel! You gotta know where your towel is!

(One of my favorite series!)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ktg1kO7Z5Y
    Last edited by Melissa; 05-19-2014 at 03:30 PM.
    Cork/Iberian Swift, Cork Organizer Wallet, Cardinal/Steel Western Flyer, Cardinal OP, Iberian Yarn Stuff Sacks (all 3 sizes) Black/Iberian Side Effect, Iberian PCSB, Iberian Travel Tray, Nordic Travel Tray, Steel Travel Tray Iberian Travel Stuff Sack Navy/Solar Synapse 25, Black/Iberian Ristretto for iPad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0