Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: ETC - Every Travel Carry

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    No matter what bag I'm using for the exterior I usually bring a travel tray to coral the small bits like iPhone and the cqpc or 3-d cube for toiletries.
    Hollie and eWalker like this.
    I really, really like TB Bags!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    ewalker, 58 pieces, OMG TB heaven! Could we please have unboxing pictures? Pretty please?
    Moose
    Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    Sure, but you will have to be patient... My order will only ship in July!
    @eWalker Just curious, if your order hasn't shipped yet, how can you be sure that your signature line is correct?

I am a strict one bag person... all my (empty) Tom Bihn bags and accessories still fit on my Aeronaut 45!
    I enjoyed reading your post listing all the items that are on order!
    Ilkyway likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @eWalker Just curious, if your order hasn't shipped yet, how can you be sure that your signature line is correct?
    I enjoyed reading your post listing all the items that are on order!
    @moriond I didn't list all the items I ordered for me... I listed only the items I considered ETC.

I orderd only three bags, one is a Balistic A45, a Dyneema CP and a Dyneema SE All the other items are PC, cubes, pouches, sacks and other small items.

But I ordered a larger then usual quantity of pc to experiment on all possible packing configurations for the A45.

PCSB alone I ordered 6!

I expect to have lots of fun mixing and matching all this to make my brand new project 333 color coordinated capsule wardrobe fit on the A45 and A30!

I am sure you may guess from were came all those ideas!

Sent from Samsung Note III using Tapatalk
    Last edited by eWalker; 05-29-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Thanks a lot, from your replies and other posts, I ended up ordering 58 items from TB and only two of then were bags!
    I'm up to 83 in the space of 3 months if you include backorders, but that's across 10 separate orders, some of which I later amalgamated to save shipping. Also it includes all accessories and parts, e.g. 6 double carabiners (because they're only $1 each and amazingly useful), and freebies such as the yarn stuff sack that you get with a Swift.

Like the hobbits at Bilbo's birthday party, I'm now reduced to "filling in the corners", i.e. looking out for the perfect items to complete my collection rather than manically buying anything that looks useful
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    Like the hobbits at Bilbo's birthday party, I'm now reduced to "filling in the corners", i.e. looking out for the perfect items to complete my collection rather than manically buying anything that looks useful
    Hee hee! I love that description! That's where I'm at, too. I was waiting for that Aeronaut in Nordic/Solar, but now that that life wish is fulfilled, it's all about "filling in the corners". When I brought home my last order, I laid it all out on the bed, and said to my husband, who was reading a book in our bedroom chair, "Well, I think I've done it. No matter what the trip, I think I now have the Tom Bihn bag selection that I need. If we had to drop everything and go to Thailand for two weeks, I could pack up and be ready to go in an hour."

He laughed. "Well that's a relief."
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

I'm up to 83 in the space of 3 months if you include backorders, but that's across 10 separate orders, some of which I later amalgamated to save shipping. Also it includes all accessories and parts, e.g. 6 double carabiners (because they're only $1 each and amazingly useful)
    LOL! I ordered 6 double carabiners too!

I am afraid that if I don't order now and later I find that I want/need something else I will not be able to get it in time for my next trip or may not be available at all, so I ordered all items that I may need.

When they arrive I will check what is really needed and all the surplus (if any!) will find great homes with my light travellers friends!

Last edited by eWalker; 05-29-2014 at 03:19 PM.
    Hollie likes this.

Volunteer Moderator
    @scribe Does that mean that we should all expect there to be mathoms?

P.S. I'm planning to show up if any of the birthday party mathoms are Tom Bihn accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
    Hee hee! "No matter what the trip, I think I now have the Tom Bihn bag selection that I need. If we had to drop everything and go to Thailand for two weeks, I could pack up and be ready to go in an hour."
    @Hollie That's is my ultimate goal!

But to not overdue I limited myself to 5 bags: Balistic A45, Balistic A30, Dyneema CP, Balistic SE and Dyneema SE.

The only permissible exceptions are if one of the June surprises is a small sling bag or if I go hiking on the Camino de Santiago! http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Way_of_St._James

Last edited by eWalker; 05-29-2014 at 05:20 PM.

@Hollie That's is my ultimate goal!

But to not overdue I limited myself to 5 bags: Balistic A45, Balistic A30, Dyneema CP, Balistic SE and Dyneema SE.

The only permissible exceptions are if one of the June surprises is a small sling bag or if I go hiking on the Camino de Santiago! Way of St. James - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    5 bags, only?! Wow! I think it's incredible that you can do that! I read this and then mentally ran down a list of what my top 5 bags would be, if I was cornered by some....uhhh.....you know, bag pirates or something, and told, "You can only keep 5! The rest are mine! Arrrr!" It's like one of those stuck-on-a-deserted-island sorts of exercises.

In the unlikely case of bag pirates and/or deserted island, I'd keep:

Smart Alec (nordic/steel)
    Side Effect (nordic/solar)
    Aeronaut (nordic/solar)
    LCB (nodic/solar)
    Synapse 25 (nordic/solar)

But thankfully I fear neither bag pirates nor lost closet space.
    Seriously, like, so much Nordic Dyneema I don't even know what to do with myself anymore. They will bury me in it. "Where's Mom's urn? WHERE DID YOU GUYS PUT THE SYNAPSE 19 WITH MOM'S ASHES?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
    5 bags, only?! Wow! I think it's incredible that you can do that!
    So far I am looking only at bags and accessories for my travel set...

I am afraid of what will happen after that! The enabling power of the collective mind of TB Forum is tremendous!

Last edited by eWalker; 05-30-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0