Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PaulT00

Thread: Breaking in the Aeronaut

Breaking in the Aeronaut

I am leaving for a 5 Night Western Carribean Disney cruise this weekend and will be trying my first attempt at one bagging it. But, because I need to account for a formal and semi-formal dinners, and a dress up required lunch, I am forced to pack my suit, dress shoes and shirts in with my wife's luggage. Here's what I'm packing:

Left End Pocket (in Aeronaut Packing Cube):
    Dress Socks - 3 Pair
    Sport Socks - 2 Pair
    Underwear -7 Pair

Right End Pocket (in Aeronaut Packing Cube):
    Teva Sandals

Main Compartment:
    Western Flyer Packing Cube (Mesh) with
    Cargo Shorts - 6 Pair
    Exercise Shorts -1 Pair

Western Flyer Packing Cube Back Pack with
    - T-Shirts -6 (Rolled)
    - Light weight Zip Up Hoodie

Travel Stuff Sack (Large)
    - Bathing Suit
    - Sleep Shorts

- Clipped Padded Organizer Pouch with Phone Charger
    - Clipped Medium Clear Organizer Pouch for folded travel documents
    - Toiletries Bag
    - Travel Tray in zipped compartment

Zipped End Pocket:
    - Clipped TB Passport Pouch with mine and one of my daughters passports

This Aeronaut is stuffed. There will be no room for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnieJB View Post
    This Aeronaut is stuffed. There will be no room for anything else.
    Clearly your Aeronaut is faulty. In a fully operational Aeronaut, there is always room for One More Thing. Clearly the pocket black hole has evaporated, or the dimensional stabilisers have failed.

Perhaps you should return your broken Aeronaut to the factory for replacement under warranty?
    ArnieJB likes this.
    A45 crimson/steel; TS navy/solar; S19 nordic/steel; P nordic/solar; CP black/steel; SE wasabi; CQPC iberian, solar; Ri aubergine/steel; 3DCC cardinal; TSS4 wasabi; K cardinal; TT solar,nordic,black; CC cardinal/steel; PCBP solar; PP navy; + packing cubes galore!

Formal Dining on vacation. I've never understood that crackhead mentality on cruises. I wear my jeans and take a long sleeve button down shirt and wear a tie. It's close enough and only the stuckup matre'd is going to say anything about it. The long sleeve is good if weather gets chilly in the caribbean, no coat needed.

I gotta ask...why 6 pair of cargo shorts? Even if you only wear one per day, you still have an extra one. ?? Double up the wear only take 3. Heck, the bathing suit trunks can double as shorts on a cruise, nobody pays attention. There aren't fashion police on the cruise. (note: I'm not saying look like you're in walmart, have some respect for others)

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    Formal Dining on vacation. I've never understood that crackhead mentality on cruises. I wear my jeans and take a long sleeve button down shirt and wear a tie. It's close enough and only the stuckup matre'd is going to say anything about it. The long sleeve is good if weather gets chilly in the caribbean, no coat needed.

I gotta ask...why 6 pair of cargo shorts? Even if you only wear one per day, you still have an extra one. ?? Double up the wear only take 3. Heck, the bathing suit trunks can double as shorts on a cruise, nobody pays attention. There aren't fashion police on the cruise. (note: I'm not saying look like you're in walmart, have some respect for others)
    I'm against dressing up in general, but I refuse to dress up on vacation.

Shorts definitely stick out. I'd wear a clean pair and pack 2 for 7 days.

I have a couple of days as bookends that I need clothes for as well. Regarding the formalwear, my wife likes the professional family photos taken on the formal nights. There is a restaurant on board that requires pants, jacket and tie that we have lunch reservations for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recall going to one of those extra cost reservation rooms on Carnival. They didn't say anything about my shirt w/tie. Either they want my money or they don't. Hope you have a good vacation!

Thank you! I didn't say I was wearing a shirt with the pants, jacket and tie lol..it's a very good restaurant (Palos) as I have eaten there before and feel its worth it especially for the small price they charge that is above the included cost of the other eating venues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0