Like Tree14Likes
  • 7 Post By monkeylady
  • 3 Post By Badger
  • 1 Post By daisy
  • 3 Post By dorayme

Thread: Grocery Shopping with Color Coded Bags

Grocery Shopping with Color Coded Bags

I don't know if the following is useful or interesting to members, but I thought I would share my organization system for grocery shopping with Shop Bags. I do the main grocery purchases for our family of 6, 4 adults and 2 young boys. We own a side-by-side fridge upstairs in the kitchen and a regular kind of fridge, freezer, and largish pantry in the basement.
    When groceries are being bagged at the store, all the upstairs products go in the large nordic bags, perishable fruits like berries and peaches go into small UV bags for travel upstairs. All paper products, pantry items (like 6 bottles of organic ketchup), items for the freezer, cold drinks go into our large solar bags. I realize most readers probably don't have families this size, but there are aspects of color coded bagging that can apply to more modest shopping trips, like separating refrigerated items from non-, segregating peaches, berries, avocados, and other more delicate produce is still a happy idea. I HATE squashed peaches. I know...I need to get a life.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

@monkeylady,
    This is a really smart idea, actually! I've been considering getting my dog his own Shop Bag so that when we travel I can throw his food, treats, poo bags, and leash/Citizen Canine in it and know exactly where all his stuff is.

You hate squashed peaches and I hate not knowing the location of the poo bags. It's all relative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    @monkeylady,
    This is a really smart idea, actually! I've been considering getting my dog his own Shop Bag so that when we travel I can throw his food, treats, poo bags, and leash/Citizen Canine in it and know exactly where all his stuff is.
    I have recently set up an ultraviolet large shop bag for exactly this purpose, we travel most weekends and go to training club in the cooler months (too hot for double coated dogs in the summer). Inside are various wasabi sacks and pouches ...
    List under construction ....

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    We have a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 shorties). I've been doing this ever since I got my 2nd LSB. I don't have multiples of any one color. Each of my shop bags is a different size or color, but I bag my groceries by where I put them away in our home. I usually choose self check unless the lanes are closed, I prefer to bag my own I like the different colors and design of the shop bags because I can quickly load, and unload when we get home. Our groceries all go to the same floor, but I have different zones (mudroom chest freezer, mudroom chemical or paper good storage, under stair bulk pantry storage, main pantry storage, fridge and freezer). With all of those different places, bagging by where it goes make putting the groceries away so much faster!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0