Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Pilot's first solo trip - Overnight in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Jmoz, wow, your Pilot looks MUCH bigger than I thought the bag was. I best get looking for more photos. I've seen many but your photo makes me pretty sure I now have to have one. Thanks' I think...
    You're welcome, or I'm sorry. (Whichever applies.) It's really not that big (on the outside); that's an exceptionally small airplane seat and a bit of an odd perspective. For reference, my shoes (part of which are visible next to the Pilot) are Men's size 11 (US sizing). It looks smaller than most people's briefcases when you're in the boarding line.
    Moose likes this.

I went back and revisited your photo. It appears you are in a window seat and your jacket is up against the side of the plane. Where I live flying in small planes is the only option available. Usually 2 seats on one side and 1 the other. Seems your plane may be the same size. The Pilot still fits under the seat well but it is wider than I expected. No matter, its a great photo to understand the scale.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Thank you for the pictures and the chuckle from "Embassy Suites bedspread". It's pretty amazing what you can get into the Pilot and while I'm on the fence between that and a Synapse/WF for a personal item, this is leading me to believe the Pilot might be the right choice for me. Love the Jackery Bar too. I have the same one and it comes in handy.

After looking over your packing list, I'm just curious how you fit two organizer cubes in one front pocket. Mine don't seem to do that. What orientation are they? (i.e., I'm guessing they are slotted one in front of the other, and neither is overly full.)
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    After looking over your packing list, I'm just curious how you fit two organizer cubes in one front pocket. Mine don't seem to do that. What orientation are they? (i.e., I'm guessing they are slotted one in front of the other, and neither is overly full.)
    That's exactly right. Both are fairly full, but not over-full. They're stacked, but offset horizontally. It wasn't a loose fit, but it wasn't especially tight, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I went back and revisited your photo. It appears you are in a window seat and your jacket is up against the side of the plane. Where I live flying in small planes is the only option available. Usually 2 seats on one side and 1 the other. Seems your plane may be the same size. The Pilot still fits under the seat well but it is wider than I expected. No matter, its a great photo to understand the scale.
    That's exactly right, but the ERJ-145 is small even for 1-2 configured seating. For example, it only has overhead bins on on side. I'd guess you could fit 2 Pilots side-by-side under the seat. To give another reference for those who fly too much, it fit (without shoving) in the really narrow area assigned to the aisle in some planes. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, that will be helpful. If not, feel free to ignore.
    Moose likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0