Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Antman157
  • 1 Post By Badger
  • 1 Post By flitcraft
  • 1 Post By Moose
  • 2 Post By scribe

Thread: Personal Care Kit

Personal Care Kit

Thought I would share my personal care kit. I work in IT, and one night everything that could go wrong did. I happened to work til 12:30am and then had to be right back at 7am .. I crashed at my parents house luckily but I had nothing with me at all as I wasn't expecting to stay the night. That influenced me to build a overnight kit for if this ever happens again. I was stuck without my contact stuff so I had to sleep in them, not pleasant.

The kit includes:
    Deodorant
    Soap / shampoo in a 1.25oz bottle
    Eye solution / case
    Toothpaste / floss
    Travel toothbrush
    Razor
    Chapstick

Things I have on the way:
    Deodorant towelettes to save space
    Travel packet of shave cream
    Nail clippers
    Tweezers
    5 pack travel q-tips
    Tom Bihn 3D clear organizer

I have this all in a Tom Bihn 3D mesh organizer, which I'll be changing to the clear once it comes in. It's very lightweight and disappears in my Synapse 19.

Anyone else have a similar kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personal Care Kit

I have almost all the same things (even the same toothbrush!) in a Black 3D Clear organizer cube, minus the razor and plus a larger size of shampoo/shower gel stuff. I'm a bit irritated because the grocery store now sells only ginormous 3-oz "travel" sized tubes of my preferred toothpaste, and I refuse to pay like $4 shipping for a tiny tube of it online. I've just squeezed some into a GoTubb, and it's fine.

Right now I also have to go to the medicine cabinet to retrieve my nail clippers and tweezers so I am considering getting dedicated travel ones like you have.

I don't keep this toiletry bag in my S19/25 at all times but I've gotten into the habit of popping it into my bag whenever I'm going on a day trip, especially in the winter. It's a nice bit of insurance!

In the bottom pocket of my Synapse 19 is a small clear OP with a travel toothbrush & toothpaste, floss, band-aids, duct tape and Tylenol/Advil. I also have a stick of deodorant in the pocket. If I'm sleeping over somewhere, planned or not, I've got the essentials.

I carry similar things in my every day kiwi Kit. I also carry bandaids, moleskin, small sewing kit one of those you get from hotels and a few other bits. It isn't much but certainly enough for a day or two. One never knows what might come up that prevents our normal routine.

I was finally able to get my 311 stuff cut back so that now it fits in a clear organizer when I fly. Everything else fits in a regular organizer cube. Neither of those are my every day stuff though.

Awhile back there was a thread about what folks carried along these same lines. I could never find it (I'm challenged that way) but if you can find it it might give you some other good ideas. I could be wrong but I think backpack started the thread. It was a good one.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

@Moose, are you referring to this thread?: Toiletries

It's pretty long but there is mention of a number of lightweight and tiny products one could buy to create a micro toiletry kit--maybe one that would fit in a small organizer pouch? Unfortunately, that size would be a hair too small for those of us who wear contact lenses and need to carry saline. If that doesn't apply, then I imagine you could get everything else into a very small package.

That's a good one but not the one I was thinking of. After I posted I realized the one I had in mind may have been more first aid kit related than toiletry related. It may not be as useful as I first thought. Sure was a good thread though. Time flies when having fun, it may have been years ago now. My memory isn't what it used to be.

Glad to see others carry the essentials too

EDC Emergency Kit

Here's the thread I was talking about. If it ends up being usless or not relevant please delete with my apologies.
    Moose

Moose, that was a good thread indeed, I'd forgotten about it. Your list is very close to mine--I add a couple of medical items when traveling (immodium, because who wants to be wandering the streets late at night wondering where they might sell it and what it might be called in the local language; uristat, ditto on the reasons); also add to the mini sewing kit a large eye needle in case you need to use your dental floss as heavy duty repair thread. A pair of needle-nosed tweezers can also come in handy (though I've lost a couple over the years via over-zealous security agents in Australian and Hong Kong Airports).
    Moose likes this.
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

A pair of needle-nosed tweezers can also come in handy (though I've lost a couple over the years via over-zealous security agents in Australian and Hong Kong Airports

Gads, needle nose tweezers? No wonder they took them. Didn't you know you can bring down a 727 with those things?
    Moose

Long before I discovered TB, I started carrying a little zip pouch of essentials in every bag I owned (the tiny hessian ones that come free with sets of Neals Yard aromatherapy roll-ons are a perfect size!). Mine usually has:

* Plasters
    * Blister-pack of paracetamol (aka tylenol)
    * Indigestion tablets
    * Breath mints/gum
    * Small wooden hair comb
    * Elastic hair tie
    * Lip balm
    * Nail file
    * Safety pins
    * Mirror
    * Eyedrops (0.4ml ampoules)
    * Spare feminine hygiene supplies

Basically, all the little things for restoring one's equilibrium in an everyday crisis
    Last edited by scribe; 02-24-2014 at 02:36 PM.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0