• 18 Post By danbran
  • 1 Post By MaggieScratch
  • 1 Post By monkeylady
  • 1 Post By BrianI
  • 1 Post By Tlacltme

Thread: 1 week In Japan with the Smart Alec and Co-Pilot

1 week In Japan with the Smart Alec and Co-Pilot

Your paintings are wonderful!

Yes, I agree. I took a look also. They are just wonderful. They seem to not only capture the iconic sights, but the details that indicate that you are traveling in a different country and culture. Thank you. You are quite talented.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Wow - outstanding. Thanks for sharing!

Lovely artwork. I've been to Japan as well, and you illuminated the beauty and energy of the culture beautifully. Question: did you use packing cubes for your clothes inside the Smart Alec/Co-Pilot? I'm impressed with how much you were able to pack into those two bags for an international trip.

Thank you! You know, I DID use a packing cube, and a few stuff sacks inside the smart-alec...forgot to add those into the sketch! Had a little bit of space at the top of the bag for souveniers. I could easily "mush" the packing cube and sacks down if I found I needed more space. Washed my clothes in the sink as needed. Worked out pretty well!

Pa
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Lovely artwork. I've been to Japan as well, and you illuminated the beauty and energy of the culture beautifully. Question: did you use packing cubes for your clothes inside the Smart Alec/Co-Pilot? I'm impressed with how much you were able to pack into those two bags for an international trip.

@danbran- Thank you for this lovely post. I found your artwork beautiful and very inspiring...and your packing skills impressive as well

Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    @danbran- Thank you for this lovely post. I found your artwork beautiful and very inspiring...and your packing skills impressive as well
    Thank you! Also, note that I was wearing the outfit in the middle of the sketch for the flight, along with the black sweater and shoes. So I didn't have to pack all of that right away. :-)

Dan do you use any watercolor pencils and if so what brand?

Do you work from photographs or live?

Your work is breathtaking!

I too am interested to know more about your process and tools!

Super cool travelogue!
    Joi Edwards

black/steel Aeronaut, black/steel Smart Alec, navy Brain Bag, steel Snake Charmer, Absolute Strap, Vertical Freudian Slip, Brain Cell, Cache, Nook Pouch, wasabi Travel Packing Sacks, steel medium Yarn Stuff Sack, Aeronaut large and end Packing Cubes, Tri-Star large Packing Cube, ultraviolet Travel Tray, scads of different pouches of all sizes