Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Toiletries

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Ferret View Post
    I use about 2 ounces of moisturizer a year, so the 11ml size is perfect for me.
    I paid $5.25 for 10 tubes here:
    Squeezie
    Thank you for that awesome supplier link!

I should also transfert some mosturizer to a smaller package.

Squeezie
    Thanks! Just ordered some. I think they will be perfect for the lotion I use after I shave.

Thanks to great suggestions by Mike and Martel (Shave Oil and Tooth Powder), and Ms. Ferret (Small Fillable Containers), this is what my Toiletries look like now. I decided to put the razor blades I need in the pouch with the razor. Wow - its getting tiny! Thanks again for the great suggestions!

Name:  IMG_1149.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  733.8 KB

Ms. Ferret, thanks for the Squeezie link. I plan on ordering some of the little tubes and containers. I really wanted to like the GoToobs, but they don't work well with some of the products I've tried to put in them (sunscreen dries out, shampoo becomes watery).

I have just returned from a trip to South America and with the modified toiletries shown in the photo above, I passed security 8 times (US and foreign) and I never removed them from my S25. One less thing to hassle with in security!

Nice! I picked up the suction-cup GoToob for my (silicone-free) conditioner and it worked great for a recent trip to the East Coast.

JLE
    Squeezie
    Those little tubes look fantastic! Are they easy to fill? Are they washable or are they only single use?

Quote Originally Posted by jppreston View Post
    I have just returned from a trip to South America and with the modified toiletries shown in the photo above, I passed security 8 times (US and foreign) and I never removed them from my S25. One less thing to hassle with in security!
    I love the setup. Glad it worked so well for you, particularly with security. I'm copying.

Quote Originally Posted by JLE View Post
    Those little tubes look fantastic! Are they easy to fill? Are they washable or are they only single use?
    The applicator tip (with the little pinpoint hole) pops in after you fill the tube itself. Whether it's easy to fill or not depends on the opening of your original container -- I squeeze all the air out of the lip balm tube first to make it a little easier.

I haven't tried washing one, but I'd imagine it'd be kind of difficult because the tubes themselves are so small. If I switched products I'd be much more likely to just use a new tube since they're so cheap. I do refill the tubes with the same product when they're empty.

Refilling sample-size tubes or containers is very easy with a "food flavor injector," found in cooking utensil stores. It looks like a hypodermic syringe and comes with two sizes of "needles." Fill the syringe, screw on the needle, insert the "pusher" end, fill anything - into tubes or bottles with a tiny opening. I've had mine for many years and use it for sunscreen, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, exfoliating wash, anything the least bit liquidy.

JLE
    The applicator tip (with the little pinpoint hole) pops in after you fill the tube itself. Whether it's easy to fill or not depends on the opening of your original container -- I squeeze all the air out of the lip balm tube first to make it a little easier.

I haven't tried washing one, but I'd imagine it'd be kind of difficult because the tubes themselves are so small. If I switched products I'd be much more likely to just use a new tube since they're so cheap. I do refill the tubes with the same product when they're empty.
    They seem ideal. Now all I have to do is find someone who will ship to Australia for less than $60. EBay here I come...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0