Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Round the World with a Synapse 25

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Icebreaker does for sure, but they're not cheap. If you're looking for light weight, you might consider a (man-made) fleece that's laminated with a windproof layer. Also, it's worth signing up for both Icebreaker and Ibex's mailing lists, so you'll know when their end-of-season sales are on.
    Yes! I found one from north face! It's got a fleece interior and an outer layer that's wind proof and water proof

Quote Originally Posted by Seabass25 View Post
    Yes! I found one from north face! It's got a fleece interior and an outer layer that's wind proof and water proof
    Is it possible for you to list the link to this jacket? I am a jacket junkie! Thanks Seabass25!
    Last edited by Anniegill; 08-21-2013 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniegill View Post
    Is it possible for you to list the link to this jacket? I am a jacket junkie! Thanks Seabass25!
    Sure. Can't provide a link since I'm on my phone but go to zappos.com and type in TAYA JACKET by NORTH FACE.

I'm bummed they're out of the black one in M but the rest are still available!

Quote Originally Posted by Seabass25 View Post
    Sure. Can't provide a link since I'm on my phone but go to zappos.com and type in TAYA JACKET by NORTH FACE.

I'm bummed they're out of the black one in M but the rest are still available!
    Thanks Seabass25! Looks like a Nice jacket. I will see if they have it on my trip to Albuquerque later this week (at REI). I am gonna see it I can go overnight with just the Synapse 25. I am truely inspired by this post!!!

Not sure if the sale is still on, but for folks here in Toronto there's a store called Higher Ground at Yonge & Eg that has all Icebreaker 50% off. Got an email about it last week.

Quote Originally Posted by TOBaggirl View Post
    Not sure if the sale is still on, but for folks here in Toronto there's a store called Higher Ground at Yonge & Eg that has all Icebreaker 50% off. Got an email about it last week.
    Thanks for the tip! Still on sale until August 30. Icebreaker Summer Sale | Higher Ground
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Travel Tray (Iberian), organizer wallet (Wasabi), passport pouch (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps
    Ordered: Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Pilot (Steel/Steel), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet)
    Want: EVERYTHING.

Can you only buy at their local store or am I missing something on their website?
    Last edited by chrisc983; 08-22-2013 at 06:30 AM.

Wish I had in on it. I'm on the other side of the continent!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
    Can you only buy at their local store or am I missing something on their website?
    I don't think that have any e-commerce; purely brick and mortar.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Travel Tray (Iberian), organizer wallet (Wasabi), passport pouch (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps
    Ordered: Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Pilot (Steel/Steel), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet)
    Want: EVERYTHING.

I ended up getting a grey mountain hardware monkey fleece, it's sleeker than a regular 200 weight fleece, softer than soft and should be very warm. I will wear a shell/rain jacket over this when colder or raining.

I am always amazed at how people don't seem to plan for security at the airport. I wear no belt, jacket, or keep anything in my pockets. I wear flip flops instead of shoes and my cell phone, Carbon Fiber Designs - Koolstof Carbon Fiber Money Clip, and headphones go in my pack ahead of time. I keep my liquids at the top of my bag so they are easy to pull out with my computer (if I am carrying it). Once I wait for all the other travelers to take off their jewelry, belts, laced shoes, jackets, etc. etc. etc. - I zip right through.

By the way, do you know how many terrorists have been caught by the TSA in the 12 years since 911?

Very few I am sure. I do the same only sandals, jacket. Earrings have never set off the Alarm.
    Last edited by Anniegill; 09-02-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Very few I am sure. I do the same only sandals, jacket. Earrings have never set off the Alarm.
    Good on ya! Not only do you breeze through but it speeds up the process for everyone else.

BTW, the answer is zero!

Quote Originally Posted by jppreston View Post
    Good on ya! Not only do you breeze through but it speeds up the process for everyone else.

BTW, the answer is zero!
    Wow! That's amazing!!! And Sad all in the same thought!

I ended up getting a grey mountain hardware monkey fleece, it's sleeker than a regular 200 weight fleece, softer than soft and should be very warm. I will wear a shell/rain jacket over this when colder or raining.
    It is a warm, soft and sleek jacket. I used it when I travelled to the back woods of Maine and on my visit to the Pocono's in PA. There is one major flaw, it sheds all over and you can see where clumps have fallen out in the low back! I am bummed!!! I will be retuning it. My search for the perfect fleece jacket continues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0