Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Round the World with a Synapse 25

Got it. Thank u

Merino wool is great! It doesn't get get stinky. And Ibex so far is my favorite brand. My Ibex zip hoodie is the softest merino I've ever felt.
    Thanks for the packing list! GoToobs and the travel adapter sound like must-haves>

I learned a lot about wool with cloth diapering. It can hold 30% of its weight in moisture before feeling wet. It is naturally antimicrobial
    and antifungal. If washed in lanolin wash it will saponify when wet and self clean for some time. And as mentioned, it doesnt smell the way other garments often can. It's God's wonder fiber and my favorite to work work with.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

this is the wonderful thing about wearing merino wool garments : you can wear an item for a week, i have done this, sweating profusely at work, and not smell of bad b.o.. those who hate washing or are lazy will love merino wool. cotton is just the worst material there is for travel gear. i have a few of those icebreaker t shirts and a polo shirt too for the dining out part when you are traveling. you can grab icebreaker shirts for 40% off at the end of season sales. just sign up for their news letter.

has anyone mentioned dr. bronner's soap? it's the only soap i take with me to do the laundry and to wash my hair and body. everything else, i buy at the destination.
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

One bag around the world the only way to travel. No muss, no fuss, no stuff. Great packing
    list. Love the New Balance Minumus shoes that is what I pack also.

I love these Synapse + Specter cubes + merino threads. And this one has a bonus kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    Merino wool is great! It doesn't get get stinky. And Ibex so far is my favorite brand. My Ibex zip hoodie is the softest merino I've ever felt.
    Ibex is my favorite brand too -- great stuff & made in the USA! I buy Icebreaker men's T-shirts (not a fan of the child-sized sleeves on pretty much all women's clothing) and SmartWool socks, but my favorite hoodies and heavy jackets are all Ibex. I happily wear merino layers during Seattle winters and Hawaii summers -- it's an amazing, multi-temperature, non-stinky fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfungi View Post
    has anyone mentioned dr. bronner's soap? it's the only soap i take with me to do the laundry and to wash my hair and body. everything else, i buy at the destination.
    Dr. Bronner's is pretty much all I use at home as far as body soap goes. For traveling -- I once tried using it as an all-purpose (hair, laundry, body) soap and it worked fine for the latter two. I got really horrible soap scum on my hair from using it as shampoo so now I carry a solid syndet bar instead. I have very long hair though.
    Anniegill and WenV like this.

Gosh I learned sooo much from this thread!

Does anyone know if ibex/ice breaker (or any company that used wool) make a windbreaker type of thin jacket with a hoodie for a good price?
    Last edited by Seabass25; 08-17-2013 at 05:05 PM.

You didn't specify, but if you're using shaving creme, I'd suggest you check out shaving oil instead. Much smaller package, and I like it a lot better than anything else I've tried.

Amazon.com: SHAVE SECRET SHAVING OIL- THE BEST SHAVE EVER! 18.75ML: Everything Else
    Amazon.com: Somersets Extra Sensitive Shaving Oil 15ml: Health & Personal Care

I second shave oil! I also use tooth powder. Both go in an empty travel visine bottle. I go up to a week with bathroom stuff in an altoids tin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    You didn't specify, but if you're using shaving creme, I'd suggest you check out shaving oil instead. Much smaller package, and I like it a lot better than anything else I've tried.
    Thanks, Mike and Martel. Just ordered some shave oil and tooth powder.

Here's another idea. I use Primal Pit Paste for deodorant and put it in a small Gotubb. You just need a small amount so the Gotubb lasts forever.

Primal Pit Paste
    Amazon.com: Humangear Gotubb, 3-Pk, Small (0.4 oz), Clear/Green/Blue - hg0210: Clothing
    SKIMT likes this.

Wish I could travel like this. When I travel it's always for work and I have to take a suit, business casual, a bunch of stuff to teach my seminar with, etc. I ALWAYS overpack for vacation travel, though, so the next time I travel for fun I am going minimalist like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiro75 View Post
    Wish I could travel like this. When I travel it's always for work and I have to take a suit, business casual, a bunch of stuff to teach my seminar with, etc. I ALWAYS overpack for vacation travel, though, so the next time I travel for fun I am going minimalist like this!
    The biggest challenge is getting over the fear of under packing. Once you can do that its just a matter of looking at each item and finding a way to take just the right amount of what you need. I have even done this with things like sunscreen. It works awesome, and I even keep a few in my golf bag in case I miss a spot or sweat and need to re-apply.

DIY - Single Use Antibiotic Ointment Blister Packs

I have a question about the Kikkerland adapter. I looked it up on Amazon, and some of the reviewers there say it fits only a US two-prong plug. I see you're carrying the Monster power strip, which I know has a three-prong plug. Can you plug the Monster strip into the Kikkerland adapter somehow?
    YonkDaddy!
    Black/Iberian Aeronaut, Steel/Wasabi Synapse25, Black/UV Synapse19, Black/Steel Western Flyer, Black Checkpoint Flyer, Steel/Wasabi Side Effect, Packing Cube Shoulder Bag, Travel Tray, numerous packing cubes, organizer pouches

Quote Originally Posted by Yonkdaddy View Post
    I have a question about the Kikkerland adapter. I looked it up on Amazon, and some of the reviewers there say it fits only a US two-prong plug. I see you're carrying the Monster power strip, which I know has a three-prong plug. Can you plug the Monster strip into the Kikkerland adapter somehow?
    Yes, the third prong (ground prong) fits outside the adapter - so it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabass25 View Post
    Does anyone know if ibex/ice breaker (or any company that used wool) make a windbreaker type of thin jacket with a hoodie for a good price?
    Icebreaker does for sure, but they're not cheap. If you're looking for light weight, you might consider a (man-made) fleece that's laminated with a windproof layer. Also, it's worth signing up for both Icebreaker and Ibex's mailing lists, so you'll know when their end-of-season sales are on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0