Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Six days one Synapse

Six days one Synapse

I've wanted to join the heavyweights of lightweight packing for a long time now. I'm not saying I'm there but I'm a heck of a lot closer. I'm going to be away for six days and I'm only taking my Synapse 25. It weighs in at fifteen pounds, is that a lot? I'm going to try another practice pack before I go to see if I can get it down a bit.

I've got shorts, tennis shoes, PJs, one medium EC specter bag with four T-shirts, one small one with socks and underwear, one fold up Bagallini tote bag (in case I need retail therapy), my everday Kit, stitching project, Kindle, Side Effect, rain cover (anyone remember the under the airplane seat thread?), medium Pouch with cables & cords, a Organizer Cube with toiletries, 311 bag, snacks, coffee kit, camera, pens, pencils, crochet hooks and some other small do-dads.

Once again I don't seem to be able to upload pictures. I'll send them off and maybe Darcy can put them up for me.

I'm pretty pleased and I LOVE my new Synapse 25.
    Last edited by Moose; 07-02-2013 at 04:30 PM.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Moose, it is a very good weight which qualify as ultra light.

You will be delighted about how easy it is to move around with such lightweight luggage.
    It is literally transforming.

Now, don't go overboard on retail therapy but... if you do, you can always send the loot back by mail!
    Last edited by backpack; 07-02-2013 at 05:28 PM.
    Moose likes this.

HI backpack,
    Ultralight, wow, thank you. That's wonderful.

I'm not expecting retail therapy but one never knows. If I were in Seattle retail therapy would be a given. I'm thinking I could leave the tote behind and make UPS my friend.

Great job! Any pics of how everything is packed?

Nm just saw the end of your post that you were having trouble uploading pics.

What's a coffee kit? Instant coffee and / or creamer / sugar?

Sounds like a good setup

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Here are those photos that Moose was referring to!

Name:  moosepack1.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  144.0 KBName:  moosepack2.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  189.9 KBName:  moosepack3.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  155.3 KB
    Darcy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Antman157 View Post
    What's a coffee kit? Instant coffee and / or creamer / sugar?

Sounds like a good setup
    Hi Antman157, if you look at the first picture, 4th item from the bottom on the far right,that is my coffee kit. It has 6 starbucks Via packages and threeCrystal Light packages along with sugar, salt, equal and some creamers. While it is far from the best coffee I was going for small and light this trip and it works. The holder opens like a book and has three Via shapped pockets on each side.Each side also has a pocket about the width of two sugar packets. Found it on etsy, I love the silly thing.
    Moose

That synapse looks fully stuffed. How comfortable was it carrying it? I noticed on my S25 if it's packed full and I don't pack it right I can feel some of the items poking me in the back since their is no back panel. Also did you add additional padding to the shoulder straps?
    Moose likes this.

While standing at the check in counter for twenty minutes (ended up cancelling the entire trip, a story all its own) it started to get a bit uncomfortable.
    That said, I did not take the care packing it that I would if I were going out for a trek. I did not have the sternum or waist strap on either. I didn't have anything poking me but I was noticing the weight.
    I also recognize I was VERY unhappy while standing there. You could have handed me a million dollars and I would have complained because it was all green and wrinkled.
    I do think care with packing would make all the difference.
    Moose

Missed a question, I do have a small padded shoulder strap wrap on the right strap. I generally throw the bag over one shoulder. It adds some padding but more importantly it is non-skid.

I do wish the TB strap cover fit backpacks. I love mine.
    Last edited by Moose; 07-04-2013 at 02:02 AM.

So sorry Moose.

Are you able to unschedule the pet sitting?

What airline was it?
    Moose likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Hi Antman157, if you look at the first picture, 4th item from the bottom on the far right,that is my coffee kit. It has 6 starbucks Via packages and threeCrystal Light packages along with sugar, salt, equal and some creamers. While it is far from the best coffee I was going for small and light this trip and it works. The holder opens like a book and has three Via shapped pockets on each side.Each side also has a pocket about the width of two sugar packets. Found it on etsy, I love the silly thing.
    Moose
    That's very cool!
    Moose likes this.

Sorry Moose, better luck next time.
    Moose likes this.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, C-P, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, SE2, MCB, RiPad, SB, LSB

Quote Originally Posted by Antman157 View Post
    That's very cool!
    Hope this is ok to say, Flossie Blossoms on Etsy makes them. I've ordered from her a couple of times with great success.
    Moose

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    So sorry Moose.

Are you able to unschedule the pet sitting?

What airline was it?
    I was going to see my brother for the first time in a decade. I was able to cancel Oliver's boot camp without issue. I had a friend looking after Finnegan, cancelling sitters was no trouble. Next time I'm going to find an airline other than Delta if that is even possible where I live.

So sorry about your trip. I don't know the details but I have had SO MANY bad experiences on Delta, I can sympathize.
    Thank you for sharing the "coffee shuttle". That is adorable! I use VIA packs all the time, didn't know such a thing existed.
    Moose likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0