Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Six days one Synapse

Bchaplin, thanks, this was by far my worst experience. My 40 hour trip home from Mexico running a close second. The good news is I had all my domestic duties done before I left. Now I can just relax for a couple of days. Oliver and I will get in some more walks.

These little pocket, packet things are pretty great. IIRC she will do custom orders too if you have a favorite fabric.

Happy 4th,
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I only fly Delta when I'm required to for work. Usually overnight trips to Africa. The people that get to sit in the 'front of the plane' love the experience, but Delta in coach is no fun.

* I've been forced to pay bribes to get my boarding pass (admittedly, in a country where bribes are common, and I was naive enough to let myself get into that situation. It hasn't happened again).
    * I've been served pizza for breakfast. Not even good pizza.
    * I got a crazy splitting headache when the galley had no hot water, and I couldn't get my coffee until after the plane landed and we went through immigration and customs.
    * I've sat in seats that didn't recline at all, for 12 hours. Ow.

Anyway, every time something happens like that, I write a complaint, and they almost always give me 5000 free 'miles'. It's small consolation, but at least it's something.

For personal, domestic travel, I do JetBlue whenever possible. Love them! Don't know if you have Virgin America where you live -- they are also supposed to be good.

Bchaplin, I don't exactly live in the boonies but I can see them from here. It is a 90+ mile round trip just to the airport. There were no other airlines, or combination thereof, that could get me there. Part of it is there is only one flight daily into where I was going, except today, of course. Ah well, it is what it is. I will however look around for options befrore rescheduling.

It does sound like you,ve had some Delta adventures. Sounds a bit scary/tense to be honest.

I found that the "flagship" airlines always gave me the worst "service".

From rude comments when we flew a puppy from one town to another for a "friend", (the airline went out of business),
    to a surprised cancelled flight from one flagship airline switched to another flagship airline. where I was given the high nose treatment at the counter, plus an extra security screening for my trouble.

And let's not forget high anxiety, wondering if I could make a connecting flight on many other flagship airlines which did not seem to care or understand what a connecting flight meant and also regularly "lost" my luggage.

After getting my first Tom Bihn bag, (Steel Brain Bag), I decided to make my own travel arrangements using Jet Blue and Southwest as well as trains. drive to an airport with those airlines or taxi rides.

I see that Portland airport has both airlines, I also see that Portland metro and Amtrak stops there. there is also a $12 daily parking.

From there, you can either take a direct or one stop flight (which means the airline stops to pick up/drop off passengers but you don't have to move).

Or if you want even more choices, depending on where you live, you might be closer to Boston. there is a shuttle that goes there Concord Coach Lines: Connecting Maine and New Hampshire to Boston and Logan Airport

Southwest and Jet Blue have discounted fares for fall/winter travel.

You can look into fare check discount websites. I used Kayak because they have partnered with the major discount travel sites and all you have to do is check or uncheck a box, if you want to include or exclude them.

They show the fares of the flagship airlines for a destination then you can compare with Southwest and Jetblue and see which one has the real bargain.

Then, you can book with the airline(s) directly.

They both sell one way and sometimes if your destination city is at a big discount on the day you want to travel, grab it and check if the other airline has a better discount for the flight back.
    Moose likes this.

Thanks backpack. Portland is only a 6 hour+/- round trip. I can drive it, or take the bus, then train to Boston. I will NOT drive in Boston. From Boston one can get anywhere fairly easily. We only have, I think, two airlines that fly out of our airport, Delta and USAir. I've never flown with Delta out of there before. You might guess I'll be doing my best to avoid it in the future too.
    Thanks again,
    Moose

You can check real life departure and arrival time at this website. I choose Portland, ME airport as an example.

Portland Intl Jetport Airport (Portland, ME) KPWM / PWM Flight Tracker
    Moose likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0