Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: 22 day spring trip with the Synapse 19

22 day spring trip with the Synapse 19

I am nearing the end of my trip to Europe (5 countries) with only my Synapse 19 and it has been awesome. Everything I packed is in the photos below. Most of my clothes are Icebreaker, Smartwool and Exoficio; my shoes and flip flops are Vans. I looked like a regular city dweller, neither tourist nor adventurer. I felt so sorry for all those people lugging their rollaways up subway stairs and along cobblestone roads. I even spent the day in the Louvre with my pack because I couldn't check-in to my hotel until the late afternoon. Check out what a work of art the Synapse 19 is (pictured below on display at the Louvre). I am positive even bigger people can do this with the Synapse 25. It really is the perfect ultralight travel bag.

Hmm. I can't figure out how to upload photos from my mobile phone. Darcy, can I send you the pictures?

I eagerly await your pictures!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Conversa, feel free to send your pictures to emailus@tombihn.com and I'd be happy to post them for you.

Can't wait to see them!

Quote Originally Posted by jannilee View Post
    I eagerly await your pictures!
    Yep, I'd be interested in pictures, too. once you get to a computer or something.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Beau's Avatar
    Conversa's photos are below. Very nice!

Name:  conversa1.JPG
Views: 1947
Size:  322.0 KBName:  conversa3.JPG
Views: 2001
Size:  717.7 KBName:  conversa4.JPG
Views: 1978
Size:  554.8 KBName:  conversa5.JPG
Views: 2231
Size:  610.1 KB

LOVE your pictures, Conversa! Especially the Synapse on display at the Louvre!

Major props!

Question: is the beef jerky Nick's Sticks? (Follow-up question: why is it that I always ask crazy random questions about people's food? [shakes head])

Fantastic, fun and inspiring. I have a Synapse 25 on order I feel confident it will be sufficient for most any trip I might take.

This is truly inspiring. You managed to pack cardigan into the bag? And you seem to have so many of the Eagle Creek cubes--are they lighter in weight than even the Dyneemas? I have eyed them. And what make is the blue outer coat? It looks very "french"!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jannilee View Post
    LOVE your pictures, Conversa! Especially the Synapse on display at the Louvre!
    The empty displaywas calling me; I couldn't resist. How I wished for another Tom Bihn fan to slow clap me.

Yes, the EC specter cubes are MUCH lighter than dyneema:
    Specter 1/4 cube 0.5 oz. dyneema organizer cube 1.73 oz
    Specter 1/2 cube 0.7 oz western flyer small cube 3 oz

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Major props!

Question: is the beef jerky Nick's Sticks? (Follow-up question: why is it that I always ask crazy random questions about people's food? [shakes head])
    Yes Badger! Nick's Sticks and Tanka Wild Buffalo sticks too. They have been life savers while traveling and powering through the museums. Food is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Fantastic, fun and inspiring. I have a Synapse 25 on order I feel confident it will be sufficient for most any trip I might take.
    There are many great bags on offer at TB but the accessibility of Synapse contents when fully packed is just miraculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    This is truly inspiring. You managed to pack cardigan into the bag? And you seem to have so many of the Eagle Creek cubes--are they lighter in weight than even the Dyneemas? I have eyed them. And what make is the blue outer coat? It looks very "french"!!! LOL
    The cardigan is merino wool, very thin and packs down to nothing, though I have been wearing it constantly. EC bags really work for me. I love the fabric, the shape, the slipperiness when it goes in a TB bag. The jacket is made by Portland, Oregon based company Nau. It is spendy but well-made and perfectly warm when paired with merino wool layers.

I need to give credit to the Tom Bihn sewers who replaced my main zipper when, after much abuse, it ripped a couple of months before my trip. No charge, no questions asked. Priceless.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast