Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: 22 day spring trip with the Synapse 19

  1. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    464
    yes: I love Merino wool --especially the newer ones made by Ibex and Icebreaker. Like the Ibex styling too for some things. Thank you for the info. Yes: the EB packs would work well with TB too. the Synapse is my favorite bag too--it just works for so many variety of things--from daily school carrying to hospital carry stuff to picnics to travel to diaper bags...

  2. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43
    I am totally amazed at what I am reading. Conversa you got all that stuff in the small synapse for an extended trip and no other bag?
    Do the pictures include items that were not packed in the bag like clothes you travelled in? Did you post a separate packing list?
    I have been looking for a review of the synapse 25 for similar TRAVEL by a guy! I've looked at videos and read reviews but can't find one similar to yours for a guy. Everything I've seen is about day bags books computers, water bottles which I have zero interest in carrying!
    Clothing ipad charger cords meds etc is what I am looking for! Just curious whether packed the synapse 25 can hold as much as the Western Flyer. The bag may still be too small but I'd be interested in hearing about it!

  3. #18
    Yam
    Yam is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Packbetter View Post
    I am totally amazed at what I am reading. Conversa you got all that stuff in the small synapse for an extended trip and no other bag?
    Do the pictures include items that were not packed in the bag like clothes you travelled in? Did you post a separate packing list?
    I have been looking for a review of the synapse 25 for similar TRAVEL by a guy! I've looked at videos and read reviews but can't find one similar to yours for a guy. Everything I've seen is about day bags books computers, water bottles which I have zero interest in carrying!
    Clothing ipad charger cords meds etc is what I am looking for! Just curious whether packed the synapse 25 can hold as much as the Western Flyer. The bag may still be too small but I'd be interested in hearing about it!
    Did you see this post from the blog? The 2013 Life Reengineered Minimalist Packing Guide - TOM BIHN Blog: We make travel bags in Seattle, Washington

  4. #19
    Registered User bchaplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    604
    That's amazing! I can usually fit everything I need for a DAY in my Synapse.

  5. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43
    Thanks for the link! I hadn't seen that! It presents anothern impressive synapse 19 story!

    I hope at some point a video is available with a printed packing list, showing the item by item real time packing. I am surprised Tom Binh doesnt provide travel oriented bag packing for he synapses as well as all other bags that people are using for travel. It seems to be a blind spot in an otherwise decent company!
    My interest is can I travel with a bag for a week without a laptop or water and what does that kind of packing for a guy look like in that bag! I need to fit in long sleeve button collar shirts and pants not shorts etc!

    It looks as if no S25's are available to ship before mid June!

  6. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Packbetter View Post
    Thanks for the link! I hadn't seen that! It presents anothern impressive synapse 19 story!

    I hope at some point a video is available with a printed packing list, showing the item by item real time packing. I am surprised Tom Binh doesnt provide travel oriented bag packing for he synapses as well as all other bags that people are using for travel. It seems to be a blind spot in an otherwise decent company!
    My interest is can I travel with a bag for a week without a laptop or water and what does that kind of packing for a guy look like in that bag! I need to fit in long sleeve button collar shirts and pants not shorts etc!

    It looks as if no S25's are available to ship before mid June!
    Tynan.com is a guy, packs even lighter and is looking for a synapse smaller than 19. He has packing lists and videos. I don't have the patience to do a packing list. Do you really want to know that I packed a sewing kit and a hair scrunchy? The key is as much merino wool as possible. I've done a work trip with two wool pants and three long sleeve dress shirts. The key for that kind of travel is a lightweight packing folder.

    You always wear the bulkiest stuff on the plane. See the composed outfit to the left of my packed synapse? That is what I wore on the plane. Everything else was in the pack. No laptop, no water, no extra shoes. And I even had room for souvenirs.

  7. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    That's amazing! I can usually fit everything I need for a DAY in my Synapse.
    I use my synapse as my everyday bag also. When I carry my gym clothes, running shoes, toiletries, gym towel, breakfast, lunch, snack and water bottle for a regular weekday, it is more full than what I carried to Europe. Totally different kind of packing. You should try it.

  8. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43
    A hair scrunchy not a problem for me! I think part of the issuue is conceptual. Even though I pack lite, because I use a larger bag i teund to let stuff spread out and the idea of using a bag with half the space seems impossible until I see posts like your that at first fry my brain, but then cause me to expand my belief of what is possible! I'm glad you posted it's forcing me to rethink possible. I already use travel friendly clothes so thats not an issue. I will check tynan's web site! Thanks for your info and thoughts!

  9. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    123
    I have to ask conversa did you carry the neck pillow or pack that in the Synapse 19? If you packed it, then you truly are a packing goddess! 😉
    Very impressive.

  10. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Anniegill View Post
    I have to ask conversa did you carry the neck pillow or pack that in the Synapse 19? If you packed it, then you truly are a packing goddess! 😉
    Very impressive.
    In the Synapse 19! It is a small and light memory foam neck pillow that smushes down nicely at the top of the Synapse. On the flight back, it was more comfortable to carry it in my hand because I packed a bunch of souvenirs for family.

  11. #26
    Registered User bchaplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    604
    There are some great tips in this thread. I was glad to know about the Specter cubes. I bought the larger one, which, it so happens, also fits perfectly in the back section of the Co-Pilot. I will probably use it more often in the Synapse, though.

    I do have quite a cube collection. At this point I've accumulated eBags cubes, TB cubes and now Eagle Creek cubes. They all have their uses though.
    Last edited by bchaplin; 06-08-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tags for this Thread


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0