Like Tree30Likes
  • 8 Post By jannilee
  • 5 Post By jannilee
  • 9 Post By jannilee
  • 8 Post By jannilee

Thread: Packing lesson for the uninitiated

Packing lesson for the uninitiated

Today should be FUN! Over time I have had a number of conversations with people at my local knitting store about light travel and Tom Bihn bags. They are familiar with the swift and ls. Today I am going to take my WF, Synapse and Copilot and all the packing cubes I can find. I have done a demo pack for a trip following my usual rule of three. I am going to show them the bags and what I've packed and talk about light packing in general.

One of the other women is leaving for Britain in a week and a half so she is bringing everything she plans to take. We will pack all her stuff in the cubes, discuss editing her take list and pack it in her rollaboard ( Baby steps, folks!) Should be a ton of fun! Too bad I don't have my new steel dyneema/uv dyneema WF (or possibly Nordic/wasabi - a girl can dream can't she!)

Janis, in wintry Calgary

Photos or video of your seminar?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    I wish we could be there! Video or photos would be the next best thing.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

There will be pictures! Also, expect an increase in tb orders from calgary!

Okay, that was WAY too much fun. First i showed everyone my copilot, Synapse and Pacsafe bags (several copilot orders coming up) and then we got down to the real demo!

I had practice packed the WF for my trip to Arizona in April using a combo of Eagle creek and TB packing cubes. Of course there was still plenty of room in the wf.

Then i packed what the soon-to-be-a-lighter traveller had brought for her 10 day trip next month:
    8 tops
    2pants
    1dress
    1pjs
    1sweater
    8 underpants
    1 bra
    Big cosmetic bag

The packing cubes were closer to capacity, but packed neatly and easily into her rollaboard. Then came the BEST part. I took the cubes packed with her clothes and put them in my WF. As a result of the TARDIS technology built into all TB bags the cubes and huge cosmetic case fiit in the WF with room to spare tada!!!!

There were gasps of amazement (not really, but close).

So here are a couple of pictures:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1183
Size:  251.9 KB

Views: 1177
Size:  175.8 KB

Views: 1196
Size:  265.0 KB

Okay - weird. All of the pics were right way up when i previewed before posting and now they are sideways?? Darcy, cnan you fix this and or tell me why?
    Last edited by jannilee; 03-18-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Janis, excellent job! I love that you shared something this with your friends. So, is the friend with the upcoming trip considering a WF now? I ♥ mine, it's amazing to me how much I can pack in there for a weekend or longer. I'm going to be living out of it during my temporary lodging in our Travel Trailer (transitional move) since I won't be able to buy the Aeronaut by then. Every smart traveler needs at least one TB travel bag!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Baby steps! For this trip she is going to use her rollaboard but I see a wf in her future. Two others are definitely getting WF's and there are a couple of copilots being ordered too. Nothing like creating new TB addicts "Addicting oh, no. Just try it. You'll like it. " Bwahahahaha!!! Here are a couple more pics. the first one is the yarn store, the Loop. Note the lovely wasabi walls!

Name:  8569311903_c4ae1a4342.jpg
Views: 1187
Size:  154.9 KB

Name:  8570410174_dda701511e.jpg
Views: 1186
Size:  167.8 KB
    Yes, you CAN travel for three weeks with only 3 tops.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0