Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Umbrella

I like the totes collapsible vented superdome umbrella. It is very sturdy for a compact umbrella.

Received the Blunt Classic about a week ago and have been itching to test it out! Will post pics if requested. Quote me so that I can be notified of a reply!

nsh
    I just got an extra small Blunt umbrella and it is fantastic! It held up great in recent rains! I can't wait to try it out in Hong Kong this summer...By the way, it fits well in the Synapse (19).

My family uses Blunt umbrellas. Totally awesome. Can't say enough good things.

Can anyone compare/contrast the Blunt Golf G2 vs Blunt Classic?

Also, any coupon codes for Blunt Umbrellas would be great. Haven't even used my Blunt classic yet, and am itching to buy another umbrella, lol

Quote Originally Posted by JLE View Post
    Has anyone had trouble taking an umbrella in carry on luggage through airport security?
    I carry the Sea to Summit umbrella Sea to Summit - Outdoor, Travel and Backpacking Gear. It's been with me through probably 20 different airports across the USA, Europe and Australia. I've been pulled up a few times because it's showed up on the xray, but each time it's been inspected and passed with no problems.

-n

I live a little South of Edinburgh in Scotland's border hills
    I used to carry a full sized black umbrella with a full length malacca cane shaft/handle and a gal marked silver address plate everywhere I went. It went everywhere from the high street to the top of mountains. When it wasn't being used as a brolly or a walking stick, it was strapped to the side of my Karrimor rucksack. Now I use a stick with a Fischer handle the brolly is redundant.

I carry a basic black automatic Fulton umbrella with a wooden handle. Unfortunately it gets pretty windy in Toronto and it frequently ends up inside out. I've yet to find an umbrella that can withstand wind attacks. I will be checking out some of this thread's recommendations. I may just have to go back to wearing a poncho.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by yohopee View Post
    I carry a basic black automatic Fulton umbrella with a wooden handle. Unfortunately it gets pretty windy in Toronto and it frequently ends up inside out. I've yet to find an umbrella that can withstand wind attacks. I will be checking out some of this thread's recommendations. I may just have to go back to wearing a poncho.
    Definitely check out Blunt first! I would suggest either the Blunt Classic ("Blunt") or any of their Golf line (though the design is meh).
    I have the "Blunt" (classic) in black and I love it! I baby it too much, just like my TB bags though...

Here are some pics of my umbrella (couldn't help myself!)Name:  20130614_020125_HDR.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  929.0 KBName:  20130614_020205_HDR.jpg
Views: 939
Size:  970.5 KBName:  20130614_020215_HDR.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  936.7 KBName:  20130614_020307_HDR.jpg
Views: 1202
Size:  569.5 KBName:  20130614_020326_HDR.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  655.6 KB

That umbrella holder ("Blunt sleeve" - "blunt" version) does not come with the umbrella. It's $12 extra, but considering the umbrella is almost $100, I said why not.
    Last edited by JasonLee; 06-13-2013 at 11:19 PM.

One more!Name:  20130614_020357_HDR.jpg
Views: 1032
Size:  586.4 KB

A word of caution, Blunt umbrellas are almost as addicting as TB bags. Once you get one, you will want more! I started planning my second blunt umbrella purchase the day I got my umbrella (maybe I'm just the problem).

I'm planning on getting a Blunt XS Metro next so I can keep it in my black/black brain bag for college!
    Last edited by JasonLee; 06-13-2013 at 11:25 PM.
    yohopee likes this.

Oh, dear. I am starting to feel the need.

Go-Lite Half Dome with case for about $15 at the local Go-Lite outlet. It's the lightest (6 oz.) and smallest umbrella I've ever owned. It fits anywhere, I frequently throw it in a small purse when the weather is iffy.

I like the look of the Go-Lite Chrome Dome, mentioned with photo above. A light-colored umbrella makes sense when used for sun protection.

Here in the Seattle area, we have one rainstorm a year. It begins sometime in October is over by early July. The rain is frequently accompanied by gusty winds. What umbrella would folks recommend for these conditions. I have given up on umbrellas. They meet their deaths early in the season and I'm tired of sinking money into them when the outcome is so predictable.
    Monkeylady

I live in Seattle too. The umbrella you need is called a parka.

This thread has taken an amusing turn. Having grown up in the PNW, I experience wonderment and delight here in IC when it starts sprinkling outside and people start shrieking, running for cover, and trembling under their umbrellas (though we do have flash flooding here the likes I've never seen in Oregon). I've never owned an umbrella because, like tCook, I have this thing called a GoreTex jacket. However, I am considering buying one, because Titus, His Majesty the Dwarf King, does not like getting rained on while he is toileting on his daily walks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0