Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 12 Months Around the World in a Smart Alec

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    Thank you Rory. Yes: I was wondering how to attach if all I had was an outlet. And I can't see hanging a kindle off of it without support; or an Ipad for that matter. A phone might be ok.
    @ddanzels: did you have any trouble letting them hang off of a wall socket? (since you seem to have done that)
    Thanks much
    I use a retractable USB cord along with my really short cables. You can get them for a couple dollars and can get male/female, micro, mini, etc connectors.

That being said, I can plug in my kindle or tablet and let it rest on the floor or counters in my kitchen with my short (~4 inch) cords in my house, but not on my boat or in most coffee shops (where outlets are too high or hard to reach).

I have recently become obsessed with researching my own 1yr RTW trip (as a solo female) and also want to do it with just my Smart Alec or maybe Smart Alex/Synapse (backpack/frontpack)combo. Or maybe using a packing cube backpack as my frontpack.

This packing list has inspired me to believe in the possibilities! Thank you!

I have a short USB extension (4") that I use with my Griffin's and tat us usually enough to find a way to rest my gadgets on son thing so they don't hang free. Also helps when you have wired plugs the point straight up like power strips or those plug sockets in hotel lamps. Keeps everything smaller. I used to care a 1m USB extension, but just found it taking up more space than I like.

Also gave up all USB chargers except the Apple 10w charger that comes with a full size iPad. It will charge anything I have with the Griffin USB adapters and sometimes they even charge faster.

I also carry a Mophie Juice Pack mophie juice pack powerstationŽ PRO - Rugged travel battery charger for smartphones, tablets and other USB devices which really helps on long haul flights or when you don't want to be stuck somewhere waiting to charge a camera, phone, etc.

My 2 Cents

Quote Originally Posted by julawils View Post
    I have recently become obsessed with researching my own 1yr RTW trip (as a solo female) and also want to do it with just my Smart Alec or maybe Smart Alex/Synapse (backpack/frontpack)combo. Or maybe using a packing cube backpack as my frontpack.

This packing list has inspired me to believe in the possibilities! Thank you!
    Sounds awesome! Share your packing list with us?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2