Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: A long weekend in Lexington

Ha! As a fellow gamer, I'm just going to note what a naughty person you are, packing those Cards Against Humanity.

"... beers by Bell's..."

My fave Bell's is out now: Hopslam.

*corgi scritches*

Janine and Badger: you guys are the bomb.

Love the gifts, the Cards Against Humanity, and the (Not-So) Secret Summit of Awesomeness. If I could "Like" this thread 100 times, I would!

I think I need to begin using more titles and capitalizations in my life too. For example, the thirteen and a half hour all-night road trip with my eight children (hubby couldn't go) through the wilds of northern WI and MN would likely have been more fun had it been titled. The Trip of Partial Insanity. Hmmm. Then again, maybe not.

I strongly admire those on this Forum that are able to let go of precious TB loot for various reasons. You are brave folks. But I was curious, Badger, why you let your stealthy SA sneak away? Are you planning to get an updated one or was it just not configured well for you?
    ncb4 likes this.

Badger, I have a steel TriStar you could visit. And a cabin, if the reno projects get finished. There is some boxed Scalloped Potato mix in the cupboard for welcome gift.
    Janine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Oh, I did. I even fondled it lovingly (but chastely).
    As long as it was chastely!

Pictures, hell yes.

Okay, everyone, we just got back from Lexington and I think it's safe to say a good time was had by all. One of the highlights of the trip was meeting Janine, who is indescribable in her awesomeness. Proof: she got me a bunch of gifts, and I want to share them with you.

First, she got some treats for the gentleman corgis:

And some treats for the humans in my life:

Next, some writing-related presents for me and Kiddo:

Of course, no meetup would be complete without a trifecta of revolting Suddenly SALAD flavors:

And here was the best surprise of all:

I did nothing to deserve that awesomeness! Funny story: I showed my friends the Dyneema Organizing Cube, and one asked, "Did she know it would match your bag?" Why, yes. Yes she did.

A couple more pictures of Lexington and surrounding environs to follow.
    backpack and ncb4 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    Badger, why you let your stealthy SA sneak away? Are you planning to get an updated one or was it just not configured well for you?
    Here's the thing. I loved my SA but I really didn't use it as much as I would have liked. I know that Janine will use it a lot, and I kind of think that it respects the dignity of things if they are able to be used regularly. I'm happy knowing that the SA and Janine can be stealthy together. Also, by re-homing some current bags, I can a) save to get other bags; b) save to travel places with the bags I still own (I have a big, big trip in the works that is going to require some serious Gs).

I am not currently planning to get the reconfigured SA, but I am so tempted. I'm waiting to see what the upsized Synapse will look like before I bite any bullets.

I'm happy knowing that the SA and Janine can be stealthy together.
    We were so stealthy today. We were stealthtastic. I'd post a picture but we were too stealthy for photos. Awww, yeah.
    ncb4 and Tlacltme like this.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Of course, no meetup would be complete without a trifecta of revolting Suddenly SALAD flavors:
    HOLD THE PHONE.

The glorious internet just informed me that there are EVEN MORE flavors of Suddenly SALAD than those represented in this picture! ***rubs hands together gleefully***
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I kind of think that it respects the dignity of things if they are able to be used regularly. I'm happy knowing that the SA and Janine can be stealthy together.
    Well said.

A couple last pictures

So, with the start of the new semester I got a little sidetracked, but I wanted to post just a few more pictures from our Lexington trip.

The non-Janine highlight of our trip was definitely a tour of the Woodford Reserve distillery. I've been on a few distillery tours, but this one (only $7) was by far the best. It doesn't hurt that the product is stellar.

This is just for fun. One night, we went for pizza and the place had a really excellent beer list. So, in honor of Nukediver, I had one of these:

And then I had one of these, because, well. Narwhals are rockin'.

All in all, it was a rainy but memorable long weekend. Lexington is an amazing city, and I'd go there again in a heartbeat.
    Darcy likes this.

So, in honor of Nukediver, I had one of these:

Thanks! I'll have to return the favor when the opportunity presents itself :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0