Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Five-day Chicago trip with WF/Synapse

Thanks for the pictures. First time seeing a cupcake machine. Is it good?

When you carrying both bags, do you carry your wf in briefcase mode and synapse in backpack mode?
    Last edited by lioncity; 01-03-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lioncity View Post
    Thanks for the pictures. First time seeing a cupcake machine. Is it good?

When you carrying both bags, do you carry your wf in briefcase mode and synapse in backpack mode?
    We didn't actually purchase cupcakes from the Cupcake ATM. We just laughed at it and took pictures of it. (Seriously. We laughed, took pictures, walked away, and then came back and laughed some more and took more photos.)

When I carried both bags, I wore the Synapse as a backpack and used the Absolute Shoulder Strap to carry the WF. My WF does not have backpack straps.

Thanks for the mention of the Chagrin Valley products. I ordered a few of the samples (including some shea butter that should be great for my winter skin) and can't wait to try them out. I'm trying to cut down on the size of the toiletries I travel with, and it would help a lot to have one bar that can double as shampoo and body soap in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    The soap came in a little paper bag. I just let the soap dry, and before we left I stuck it back in the paper bag. If we had been moving from place to place, I would have packed it in a snack-sized ziploc, perhaps with a paper towel around it to pick up any extra moisture.

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Thanks for the mention of the Chagrin Valley products. I ordered a few of the samples (including some shea butter that should be great for my winter skin) and can't wait to try them out. I'm trying to cut down on the size of the toiletries I travel with, and it would help a lot to have one bar that can double as shampoo and body soap in a pinch.
    You're very welcome, though I can't take sole credit since a lot of forum users have advocated for CV in the past. I'd say that the bar that I use (the tea tree) does quite well as both soap and shampoo. It's astringent enough that hair gets really clean, but there are enough essential oils that it doesn't desiccate my skin. The fact that it's a solid can go a long way to freeing up space in the 1-quart bag if you're flying, too.

I will admit to occasionally using the manly all-in-one shower gels when I travel. Sometimes I just prefer liquid soap, but for whatever reason I find Dr. Bronner's liquid too drying (the bars are fine; I'm not sure what's wrong with me). I've used Dove and Nivea with good results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0