Views: 1888
Size:  100.2 KB
    Name:  P1012418.JPG
Views: 1869
Size:  115.7 KB
    Name:  P1012419.JPG
Views: 1872
Size:  124.7 KB
    Last edited by nsh; 11-12-2012 at 04:31 PM.

nsh
    Part 2

I will have access to laundry facilities and shampoo while there.
    Also, I have not pictured my field journal. It will hold my wallet/tickets/passport/cellphone and pens.
    Images with fully packed bag:

Name:  P1012417.JPG
Views: 1874
Size:  64.0 KB
    Name:  P1012424.JPG
Views: 1873
Size:  94.1 KB
    Name:  P1012423.JPG
Views: 1853
Size:  94.2 KBName:  P1012425.JPG
Views: 1826
Size:  50.4 KBName:  P1012427.JPG
Views: 1870
Size:  92.6 KB

Oooo how exciting!!! Thanks so much for sharing, nsh!

OK you wrote:
    Plane clothing:
    Icebreaker hoodie
    Icebreaker dress
    Dansko shoes

Main Packing Pouch:
    Blue dress
    2 Icebreaker Villa Skirts- black and grey

1 black Icebreaker everyday leggings
    Purple Chillin’ with my Gnomies T-shirt
    Icebreaker long sleeve black crew neck
    Green Aw Shucks T-shirt
    Black running skirt
    I'm seeing two dresses and two skirts. That's actually quite a lot! Skirts with tops tend to be way more versatile -- If it winds up that you need to make a bit more room in your Synapse, you might want to leave either one of the skirts behind, or wear a skirt/top combo on the plane with your hoodie, and leave the Icebreaker dress behind. That, or maybe leave your blue dress behind, and take a lightweight scarf with you that you can use to accessorize your Icebreaker dress.

Sounds so exciting--I bet you're really looking forward to the trip!! ^_^
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

nsh
    @Lani
    I think that is a great idea! Dropping one of the dresses or the skirts is a great idea. Once we finalize the itinerary for the trip (if we go out to a fancy dinner or a work event) I will determine if I keep the wrap dress. Otherwise, the wrap dress will be left behind and I will stick to the skirts. I am so surprised how much fits in the Synapse. It is still comfortable too.

I am also heading to DC and Arizona and will post practice packing lists for those too in the upcoming week. I find practice packing relaxing and fun. I feel this is a weird hobby- to practice pack- but TB fans are more likely to be accepting of the practice than most people!

JLE
    Quote Originally Posted by nsh View Post
    @Lani
    I think that is a great idea! Dropping one of the dresses or the skirts is a great idea. Once we finalize the itinerary for the trip (if we go out to a fancy dinner or a work event) I will determine if I keep the wrap dress. Otherwise, the wrap dress will be left behind and I will stick to the skirts. I am so surprised how much fits in the Synapse. It is still comfortable too.

I am also heading to DC and Arizona and will post practice packing lists for those too in the upcoming week. I find practice packing relaxing and fun. I feel this is a weird hobby- to practice pack- but TB fans are more likely to be accepting of the practice than most people!
    Nobody here will think practice packing is a weird hobby! I do it all the time. I have tons of packing master lists and trip-specific lists and I love doing a practice pack with various bags. I tell myself it is a way of imposing discipline on my packing (and it is), but really it's just fun!

I wouldn't see the need to lose a dress or a skirt btw, given the length of your trip and also given you can get everything into a Synapse without needing to cull further. You are clearly an ultra-light packer already!

I wish I was practice packing. Practice packing is a great idea as it makes you think. I recently went overseas in my Tristar, my colleague showed up with 2 suitcases and carry-on pack with the excuse that he had not had time to pack. Worse, when we got to our destination I was obligated to assist him with the things he forgot. Camera and flashlight for example.

Practice is over for me as the suit and i leave in the morning. However, thanks to my unknown friends on this forum, the suit packed nicely and I truely appreciate all the advice provided here.

Honduras should be enlightening. Enjoy the trip.
    nsh likes this.

nsh
    Honduras was a fantastic trip. We spent time in Tegucigalpa visiting professional contacts and relaxing, several days in La Ceiba on the Rio Cangrejal at a small B&B in the jungle and visiting some NGOs, and a few days on a beach in Sambo Creek in La Ceiba, and a day of snorkeling in Cayos Cochinos (a small group of beautiful islands). We had two Synapses and an MCB on the trip.

My packing list shifted slightly (one more pair of light hiking shorts made it in the Synapse and one skirt was left out). I ended up not taking an iPad and just taking my Kindle, journal, and camera. I carried those items and my toiletry bag in my new MCB (black-wasabi). I even carried my MCB on our hikes and snorkeling trip.

Attachment 3180

Upon arrival back in the States, the customs official asked me where the rest of my luggage was! He seemed genuinely surprised that I packed so lightly!

Thanks for the list and pictures!! Which packing cube are you using with the Synapse?

nsh
    @K_SA I use an old Eagle creek mesh packing cube. I think it was purchased in 1998 (!) but it has served me well.

I think I did not correctly upload my pictures from Honduras. Doh. Here they are:
    Name:  P1012613.JPG
Views: 1200
Size:  74.9 KBName:  P1012694.JPG
Views: 1229
Size:  84.8 KBName:  P1012713.JPG
Views: 1265
Size:  108.6 KBName:  photo-22.JPG
Views: 1273
Size:  641.5 KB
    A pic of me using the MCB en route to a hike, a beautiful pic of Cayos Cochinos (where we snorkeled), and a Garifuna inhabited island where we lunched.

Super late to reply, but I just discovered this forum recently. Loving the thread and the pics. Travel nut myself, just hadn't considered Honduras as a possible destination, but this might change, although it'll be a long time before I can afford it ... Great pics!
    nsh likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0