Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: It's that time of year again

It's that time of year again

Sometimes, you get to go places! And other times, you "get" to go places. Over the next two weekends, I "get" to go to some conferences. I leave for the first one tomorrow and will be getting back Sunday; I leave for the second one on the following Friday and will get back on the Sunday.

For conference #1, which is in California, I'm taking my Aeronaut. It's lightly packed, but I have more stuff than will fit comfortably in my Western Flyer (solution: Tri-Star, I know). I'm also carrying my Synapse. Here's what I'm taking:

Clothes: dress pants, 2x dress shirts, a tie (because I'm upping my sartorial game), two light sweaters, a bunch of T-shirts for casual wear, 2x shorts, unmentionables and socks, a pair of casual shoes, and toiletries.

And check it, guys: Gangnam Style t-shirt, courtesy of someone awesome (i.e., Katy):

In my Synapse, I'm taking the usual suspects. My MBP, headphones, notebooks, Clif Bars, a water bottle and sunglasses. Chargers and some odds and sods in the dyneema Organizer Pouches. I'll pick up a ton of paper at the conference, so I'll probably take an empty Large Organizer Pouch to corral everything.

Stay tuned for the next installment! And here's a gratuitous picture of the corgis frolicking in the sand pit at the dog park (wearing Iowa kerchiefs because, you know, they're fans):

Is that Psy on your T-shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by pw1224 View Post
    Is that Psy on your T-shirt?
    Hell yes. Haha.

Is that a silver Pilot G2 I see in your photo? Those are pretty hard to come by these days. Hang onto it, even if the ink dries out!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Is that a silver Pilot G2 I see in your photo? Those are pretty hard to come by these days. Hang onto it, even if the ink dries out!
    It is indeed. Got it from jetpens.com! I refill with black, .3 tip.
    backpack and Lani like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    Love these pens! I have about 3!!
    backpack and Lani like this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

@badger, can I have all your stuff? It would go very well with my stuff. :-D
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Those limited edition Pilot G2 are refillable, they even have purple refills and of course black, blue, red and green.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    @Janine consider that this is the guy who said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Medium Café Bags are kind of like underwear, in that I'll loan you mine in a pinch, but it's weird if you end up wanting to hang onto it forever.
    I would take that as a "No". Besides, the t-shirts, dress pants, shorts, socks etc. might not fit you – I guess you're thinking of the pen, laptop,, Field Notebook, and Corgis. LOL.

She might not go for that... but I totally get where you're coming from, that Gangnam Style T-shirt is insanely awesome.
    dorayme and Janine like this.
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    She might not go for that... but I totally get where you're coming from, that Gangnam Style T-shirt is insanely awesome.
    I know, right? Almost as awesome as the person who gifted it! :-D
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Janine consider that this is the guy who said:

I would take that as a "No". Besides, the t-shirts, dress pants, shorts, socks etc. might not fit you – I guess you're thinking of the pen, laptop,, Field Notebook, and Corgis. LOL.
    Points taken, especially about the underwear!

And yes - the pen, laptop, Field Notebook, and Corgis are welcome at my house anytime. :-)

ETA: I could do with a Clif bar right about now. Nom.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Those limited edition Pilot G2 are refillable, they even have purple refills and of course black, blue, red and green.
    I love all the talk of paper and notebooks and pens as well as the TB swag on these forums. **Sighs happily** I've found my tribe

You can have some of it. I bequeath unto thee the following:
    1. Pilot G2 .38 refill, black (empty)
    2. 2.4 kilos corgi (hair, in plastic Hy-Vee bag)
    3. 1 box of Suddenly SALAD, Bacon and Ranch "Flavor"
    4. Kiddo
    5. 6 packets Italian kleenex, "Clever" brand

Conference #1 Update

So, I survived Conference #1. The Aeronaut-Synapse combo proved true, and I was able to haul all of my stuff with no problem. I misplaced my absolute strap and had to carry the Aeronaut by its handles the whole time, but that wasn't so bad, not even when our plane from Iowa arrived really, really late in MSP and we had to traverse the whole freaking airport to get our connecting flight to SAN. They kindly held the plane for us, or so we thought; really, they held it for the guy with the oxygen.

San Diego was amazing: beautiful weather and good times. I had to work during most of the conference and wasn't able to really get out until Saturday, but I did get to poke around Balboa Park:

This was also the first conference I've been to where we didn't go out for some crazy fancy dinner. Most of my meals clocked in around $5. So many burritos. My colleague had her first.burrito.ever. We also visited a place called "Yogurtland," which is not quite as magical as its name would seem to suggest.

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for Conference #2, coming up this weekend! Wheee! (God, I'm exhausted.)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0