Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: It's that time of year again

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Are those my Italian Kleenex you are taking to the conference? I distinctly remember them being bequeathed to me in post #14.
    No way, Jose. I have like a zillion of them in my closet.

I feel I must mention that if you go to the xkcd store, they have a tie with xkcd characters!!! (I don't wear them but may need to buy my husband one.)

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    No way, Jose. I have like a zillion of them in my closet.
    What are you doing with a closet full of Italian Kleenex?

(Please don't tell me if they are new or used. I am afraid of the answer.)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    What are you doing with a closet full of Italian Kleenex?

(Please don't tell me if they are new or used. I am afraid of the answer.)
    Uh, they're all in pristine condition, thanks. I just had to buy a ginormous pack of them.

We went out to dinner

So, I forgot to tell you that Mrs B. and I did get to go out to dinner while we were in Chicago. (Slightly embarrassing side note: when we mentioned we were going to a nice restaurant, one of my students said, completely straight-faced, "Well, it's important to keep the love alive"; later, she walked past us, making a smoochy face. Sigh.)

We got seated at around 10 and had some pretty rad aperitifs made with bitters. And guys, the bread basket had a bread with salami in it. Win.

We had some pasta, which I forgot to photograph, but you know what pasta looks like. We then decided what the hell, and got dessert. Mrs B. had tiramisu and I got this:

Gelato affogato with some little homemade donuts (which look ginormous in the photo, I know, but I promise they were little).

All in all, it was a very successful conference, although I have to say I'm glad I don't have another one until next March. Stay tuned: I've got another trip to Chicago planned for December (and yes, I'm already working on the packing list, because I'm anal retentive--er, detail-oriented).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0