Going to Spain for 12 days... Bringing the Aeronaut and the Brain Bag

And a Large Cafe Bag stuffed in to the Brain Bag.

Since it's a working vacation for the hubby, we're actually checking one big wheeled bag. I'm trying to convince him to put my fully packed Aeronaut inside the big bag (thus allowing us the ability to bring more stuff back than we're taking). I'm not sure how much he's taking so it might be a challenge. Worst case scenario: I'm carrying all my stuff on with me.

Not bad!

Quote Originally Posted by pw1224 View Post
    And a Large Cafe Bag stuffed in to the Brain Bag.

Since it's a working vacation for the hubby, we're actually checking one big wheeled bag. I'm trying to convince him to put my fully packed Aeronaut inside the big bag (thus allowing us the ability to bring more stuff back than we're taking). I'm not sure how much he's taking so it might be a challenge. Worst case scenario: I'm carrying all my stuff on with me.

Not bad!
    As long as you understand that by putting the Aeronaut inside the checked bag, you run the risk of having its contents pilfered or lost luggage...I try to avoid checking bags for this reason.

There's nothing to prevent you from checking in an empty bag if you want to ensure extra buggage space for the flight home. What to put in the checked-bag may depend on what the two of you will be bringing as carry-ons and personal bags. The Brain Bag is a fairly large backpack when loaded; if you bring both on-board the plane and your husband will be taking his own carry-on, then you might be asked to check one of your bags by the FA.

The European airlines tend to more vigilant about their carry-on policies, esp. on weight so pay heed to this if you want to avoid any potential scenario where you might be required to check a carry-on bag when you might not be willing to do so.

Checking bags was not an issue. Once we got to Spain, we rented a car and drove a bit so there were no intra-European flights.

Alas, I could not stuff my Aeronaut into the big monster bag. My husband had too much stuff! So I just checked the Aeronaut as it was. That freed me up so I could take a third bag from the hubby as my second carry-on.

Fortunately, someone has decided to carefully go through all of the stuff he packed to see what he used and what he didn't -- so that he won't take so much stuff on the next trip.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0