Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Mrs B takes to the skies

  1. #1
    Volunteer Moderator Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Badger State
    Posts
    1,200

    Mrs B takes to the skies

    So, Mrs B is going on a little vacation, leaving me to enjoy the splendors of Iowa City on my own. She's taking her Azalea SCB, my Steel/UV WF (and she better not get it dirty, grr), and her ginormous NF backpack, because it's a working vacation. Sorry for the awesomely bad iPhone pics.



    The WF contains clothes for a week, an extra pair of shoes, and toiletries. The backpack contains a 15.4" MBP and lots of books on political revolution. The SCB has her purse-y stuff, and an Azalea Organizer Wallet.

    In other news, Hector and Titus are enjoying our new house.


  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    109
    Your new house has gorgeous floors, sofa looks pretty sexy, and lots of books (always a good sign in a home, IMHO). I can see why Hectro and Titus don't seem too distraught over moving. Although, a backpack full or political revolution is not high on my list of items to tote around!
    Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

  3. #3
    Volunteer Moderator Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Badger State
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Scattered View Post
    a backpack full or political revolution is not high on my list of items to tote around!
    No . . . and I can't say that Mrs B is very much a fan, either. Hopefully it will all be over soon. Hector and Titus are pretty much happy anywhere, even when we lived in the crappy apartment in the cornfield.

  4. #4
    Registered User snowbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    280
    I like how the water bottle matches the SCB. Congratulations on the house!

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    343
    I add my congrats on the house....even if it is in Iowa *wink wink nudge nudge* (No offense to any Iowans! I'm a born and bred Minne-snow-tan and we like to tease our southerly neighbors)

  6. #6
    Volunteer Moderator Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Badger State
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlacltme View Post
    I add my congrats on the house....even if it is in Iowa *wink wink nudge nudge* (No offense to any Iowans! I'm a born and bred Minne-snow-tan and we like to tease our southerly neighbors)
    Thank you! I'm just happy it's not a trailer park in Coralville. We're actually from Oregon, and after 10 years in the midwest we're still going through culture shock, I think, so I have no defensive feelings about Iowa in the least. I do feel a little bit of tenderness towards Wisconsin, the state to which I gave the best years of my life :/

  7. #7
    Volunteer Moderator Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Badger State
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by snowbot View Post
    I like how the water bottle matches the SCB. Congratulations on the house!
    The water bottle AND the inside of the sunglasses. None of it was intentional, I promise.

  8. #8
    Volunteer Moderator Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Badger State
    Posts
    1,200
    There is a little post-script to this thread. Mrs B came back with souvenirs for everyone except me (what—?). It's kind of awesome: she got each of the corgis a religious medal dog tag at one of the missions she visited in CA. Check it out:



    If you look closely, you will notice that the dog with St. Francis IS A CORGI.

    The best part is that the corgi is totally looking at St. Francis like, "hey! St. Francis! What's that in your pocket? Is it cheese? Cheese for me? Cheese is my favorite! Cheese! Cheese!"
    Last edited by Badger; 07-04-2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: to clarify that Mrs B was not on some religious retreat.

  9. #9
    Registered User lonestar6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Thank you! I'm just happy it's not a trailer park in Coralville. We're actually from Oregon, and after 10 years in the midwest we're still going through culture shock, I think, so I have no defensive feelings about Iowa in the least. I do feel a little bit of tenderness towards Wisconsin, the state to which I gave the best years of my life :/
    Wisconsin has that affect on people! I can't tell if it is the beer, the cheese or the packers, but Wisconsin holds a tender place in my heart.
    Last edited by lonestar6; 07-04-2012 at 07:05 PM.

  10. #10
    Registered User marbenais's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    There is a little post-script to this thread. Mrs B came back with souvenirs for everyone except me (what—?). It's kind of awesome: she got each of the corgis a religious medal dog tag at one of the missions she visited in CA. Check it out:
    If you look closely, you will notice that the dog with St. Francis IS A CORGI.
    Are there breed-specific medals?! Rosalind has a regular pewter one, but we'd love a puggle with St Francis!
    (She is currently out watching the fireworks with her other mama, since I tried and had more than one mosquito bite a minute, which is my limit, so I am inside wondering why Bite MD and AfterBite are not available in gallon sizes.)
    I have : many pouches & wallets & 3D Cubes & CQPCs & Stuff Sacks & Shop Bags, plum & black Side Effects, steel/ultraviolet Citizen Canine, black FJN, plum/wasabi SCB, Cork Little Swift, black/steel Co-Pilot, old plum/olive LCB, plum/black (C) Swift, old plum/olive (C) Imago, old plum/wasabi Ruck's Sac, steel WF/TS PCB, plum/solar & black/ultraviolet (C) & steel/ultraviolet (D) Synapses, black/iberian Smart Alec, steel Brain Bag.

  11. #11
    Volunteer Moderator Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Badger State
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestar6 View Post
    Wisconsin has that affect on people! I can't tell if it is the beer, the cheese or the packers, but Wisconsin holds a tender place in my heart.
    It's certainly not the snow, the mosquitoes, or the flash floods.

    Maybe it's the Hodag.
    Sera likes this.

  12. #12
    Volunteer Moderator Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Badger State
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenais View Post
    Are there breed-specific medals?! Rosalind has a regular pewter one, but we'd love a puggle with St Francis!
    No, there was just one dog medal, which is why it was so funny. What on earth would St. Francis be doing with a corgi? Besides petting it and feeding it cheese, that is.

  13. #13
    Registered User lonestar6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    It's certainly not the snow, the mosquitoes, or the flash floods.

    Maybe it's the Hodag.
    Ah yes, the mosquitoes, wearing DEET as if it were perfume. I gave mosquito traps as awards for folks who survived camping with me. (he traps were miniature bear traps .)

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2

    St. Francis

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    There is a little post-script to this thread. Mrs B came back with souvenirs for everyone except me (what—?). It's kind of awesome: she got each of the corgis a religious medal dog tag at one of the missions she visited in CA. Check it out"
    Do you know which mission she went to? I am an inquirer into the Third Order of the St. Francis Society and heading out to Ca next week.

    P.S. those books sound interesting!

    Cat
    Chapel Hill, NC

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2

    St. Francis

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    There is a little post-script to this thread. Mrs B came back with souvenirs for everyone except me (what—?). It's kind of awesome: she got each of the corgis a religious medal dog tag at one of the missions she visited in CA. Check it out"
    Do you know which mission she went to? I am an inquirer into the Third Order of the St. Francis Society and heading out to Ca next week.

    P.S. those books sound interesting!

    Cat
    Chapel Hill, NC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0