How do YOU use the new Camera Insert/Outsert?

Here's a unique thread on a Bihn accessory:

How do you use the new Tom Bihn Camera Insert/Outsert padded bag? What's your unique packing list? Does everyone simply use this for cameras, or are there other uses? I'd like to see how many unique uses there are for this new kind of luggage...

Also, do you carry your TB CI/O as its own shoulder bag independently, or do you haul it around in some other luggage/container? If so, what do you haul it around in?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

When I originally posted this thread, the Tom Bihn Camera Insert/Outsert bag was still a fairly new product to the marketplace.

Now that it has been out for a while, and has established a name for itself in the marketplace, I thought I would give this question a bump to see if anyone would like to share their experiences.

Also: how many Camera I/O owners carry their CIO in a Tom Bihn Brain Bag backpack? How many CIO / BB owners carry more than one CIO in their BB?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

I carry my CIO in my Tri-star, Brain Bag, or other messenger bag depending on how much extra space I'll need. I do not carry more than one CIO with me as I would never need that much access to that many lenses and bodies. When I use my CIO I can easily fit a Nikon D800 with 1 lens attached with 2 additional lenses and a flash OR I can fit an Olympus OM-D and fit a LOT of lenses if I wanted but I never take more than 3-4 but even that's overkill for most of my needs.

Ideally I'd like to see Tom come out with something a bit smaller that's geared towards the mirrorless market as the CIO really is too much space for a mirroless camera. For mirrorless I prefer to use a micro fstop ICU, which is infinitely more adjustable just not as accessible. Another bag that works well for mirrorless is the co-pilot, just make sure you have some neoprene sleeves to put all your lenses/etc in so they don't get damaged if you bump around on things a lot...

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0