Okay, I have my revised packing list. It's as above, but with the following changes:
- no gel soles for the keen person mids. The keen soles are actually more comfortable.
- No book - I'll stick to ebooks only
- No 2x cotton socks
- No 2x boxer briefs
- 1 extra exofficio underwear. I know, that's four total, but they're so light, and I don't want to sleep commando. :-)
- Columbia sportswear zip off travel pants in place of second pair of jeans
- No 2x cotton long-sleeve shirts
- 2 long-sleeve polyesters
- 2 short-sleeve polyesters, not 3.
- Yes on the thin fleece, yes on the scottevest q-zip.
- I dumped the power strip, travel adapters, and apple usb adapters in favor of the lenmar 4-port usb thing with its own adapters.
So, I packed it all up - it definitely compresses down to below 8" thick now, so I'll be fine with RyanAir. Took it to the post office, and it is 17.76 pounds.
Thanks a ton for the advice, and a half-ton for the berating. ;-) I think we're ready to go!
Originally Posted by tunesmith
I saw how you snuck in that you took it to the post office to get it weighed. I can't tell you how tickled that makes me. It really worked, huh?! Yay!!!!!!
Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Half-marathon runner
@tunesmith - very impressed by the new list. Hope the trip is fantastic! Of course we're all expecting some photos on the forums... :-D
"Raindon". Ha Ha.
Here in London, we seem to have had non-stop rain since about, ooh, August 2008. The Jubilee - rained off. Concerts in Hyde Park - rained off. Wimbledon - would have been rained off but for the fact they put a roof on Centre Court. Oh, and the Olympics start in less than a fortnight. What can possibly go wrong?
Anyway, I hope the OP took the advice vis-a-vis raingear, and didn't get too soggy. And that they enjoyed themselves in what is probably the most exciting and diverse city on the planet (he says with some pride).
*saunters off whistling "Maybe It's Because I'm A Londoner" ...*
Tags for this Thread
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO