Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 18-day trip with Tri-Star

Okay, I have my revised packing list. It's as above, but with the following changes:

- no gel soles for the keen person mids. The keen soles are actually more comfortable.
    - No book - I'll stick to ebooks only
    - No 2x cotton socks
    - No 2x boxer briefs
    - 1 extra exofficio underwear. I know, that's four total, but they're so light, and I don't want to sleep commando. :-)
    - Columbia sportswear zip off travel pants in place of second pair of jeans
    - No 2x cotton long-sleeve shirts
    - 2 long-sleeve polyesters
    - 2 short-sleeve polyesters, not 3.
    - Yes on the thin fleece, yes on the scottevest q-zip.
    - I dumped the power strip, travel adapters, and apple usb adapters in favor of the lenmar 4-port usb thing with its own adapters.

So, I packed it all up - it definitely compresses down to below 8" thick now, so I'll be fine with RyanAir. Took it to the post office, and it is 17.76 pounds.

Thanks a ton for the advice, and a half-ton for the berating. ;-) I think we're ready to go!

Quote Originally Posted by tunesmith View Post
    So, I packed it all up - it definitely compresses down to below 8" thick now, so I'll be fine with RyanAir. Took it to the post office, and it is 17.76 pounds.

Thanks a ton for the advice, and a half-ton for the berating. ;-) I think we're ready to go!
    Huzzah!!!!!!!!!

I saw how you snuck in that you took it to the post office to get it weighed. I can't tell you how tickled that makes me. It really worked, huh?! Yay!!!!!!
    Lani Teshima: A Dyneema diva with a closetful of Tom Bihn products!
    Publisher, The Travelite FAQ: Don't get saddled with baggage—free yourself & your mind by packing lightly!
    Editor, MousePlanet: Detailed park guides, daily news & stories from all over the Disney kingdom | Technical writer | Marathoner

@tunesmith - very impressed by the new list. Hope the trip is fantastic! Of course we're all expecting some photos on the forums... :-D

"Raindon". Ha Ha.

Here in London, we seem to have had non-stop rain since about, ooh, August 2008. The Jubilee - rained off. Concerts in Hyde Park - rained off. Wimbledon - would have been rained off but for the fact they put a roof on Centre Court. Oh, and the Olympics start in less than a fortnight. What can possibly go wrong?

Anyway, I hope the OP took the advice vis-a-vis raingear, and didn't get too soggy. And that they enjoyed themselves in what is probably the most exciting and diverse city on the planet (he says with some pride).

*saunters off whistling "Maybe It's Because I'm A Londoner" ...*

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    We wound up taking our completely packed carry-ons to the post office and using their scale because we didn't have a digital scale and we wanted to be as accurate as possible, down to the ounce.
    That's really great. In this way you would be able to have more accurate measuring which will be very effective. Some scales are not accurate as the shipping scales and at the end when an object weighed on anonymous scale is measured on an shipping scale then there arose a difference between the measuring results which may cause of a difficulty at the time.
    I think digital scales are more accurate and also easy to use. You must pick up a digital one for your weighing needs at home.
    Know well first then go to do it all with ease..!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0