Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Anybody have any travel planned for the holidays?

Anybody have any travel planned for the holidays?

Hi all,

Just made plans for a 4 day trip to New York City in December and I'm already plotting ways to see if I can do it just with my WF. Many fun hours of planning my packing list are in my future...

Anybody else have holiday travel plans? Which bags are you going to take?
    My Tom Bihn stuff: Western Flyer (Black/Steel), Large WF packing cube (Steel), Packing Cube Shoulder Bag (Steel), Absolute shoulder strap, Horizontal Cache, Clear Organizer Wallet (Plum), Small Dyneema pouch (UV), Ballistic Nylon Pen/Pencil Pouch (Steel), FOJ Pouch (Navy), Clear Quarter Packing Cube (UV), Small Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), and the Super Secret Mystery Gift!

Where are you flying from, OnMyWay? I'd love to see your packing list, because I am nosy and obsessive about both packing and lists.

We will be in Italy for 18 days over Christmas and New Year's, and we are one-bagging. Mrs. B will carry our Patagonia MLC, which is a model from several years ago and great quality; I'll be carrying an Aeronaut. We have a 17-pound weight limit, which won't be hard going over but might be more challenging coming back, since we will probably want to buy gifts. At least booze from the Duty Free won't count against us.
    snowbot likes this.

We'll be flying to Costa Rica in Jan. If the Western Flyer is available in navy, or if I could get my hands on one in indigo by that time, I would love to try taking that as my only bag.

Susan

I just returned from Denver where I have been for the last week. Since I drove I had no real challenge packing except deciding what to bring and how.....as usual!
    I packed mostly ion a Boyt Hanging closet that I have had since the "Porsche Incident" years ago but also packed the Tri-Star and Synapse among others.
    Of course when afforded the space I always bring things I never even look at again until I get back home?

I used the Tri-Star this time as a Briefcase though with my 17" MBP in Brain Cell in the middle and a change of clothes and toiletries in the back.
    I used the front for briefcase items and even stuck a water bottle in the odd pocket a few times.

The Synapse held an 11" MB Air,iPad and on the way back a Toughbook T8 that I somehow picked up while in Denver? I also carry a tiny Ham Radio transceiver in the suede pocket which fits like it was made for it.

I just have a fun time packing and traveling and this is one trip where I had no real business except to "Graze" at the Broadmoor Hotel in the Springs for Thanksgiving Brunch!

I also had a Targus Computer Back Pack that I often use for "Overflow" that I really like.
    It seems well made,has a lot of pockets and just holds a ton but is easy to carry.

Of course I like to look at my Tundra PickUp as another luggage item too!

This year we stayed in a Hotel with mini kitchens in each room but I have been known to bring a small Microwave and Fridge on this trip in the past.

Ed

Hubby and I are going to Brazil for two weeks to visit family. We'll each take an Aeronaut (overkill, I know, but I have to bring gifts for family) and I'll take a medium cafe bag as my day bag and my husband will bring his new imago. Will definitely post pictures!
    In our household: Black/Steel Aeronaut (with 2 large packing cubes and Absolute shoulder strap), Forest/Steel Aeronaut (1 large and 2 small packing cubes), Olive/Wasabi medium Cafe Bag, Linen/Olive Medium Cafe Bag, Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago, Cardinal/Hemp/Steel Imago, Hemp Little Swift, Solar Shop Bag, Plum/Wasabi Side Effect, Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec, Horizontal and Vertical Freudian Slips, TB Wallet, Hemp Little Swift, FOT pouch, Black/Olive ID

Quote Originally Posted by peregrina View Post
    Hubby and I are going to Brazil for two weeks to visit family. We'll each take an Aeronaut (overkill, I know, but I have to bring gifts for family) and I'll take a medium cafe bag as my day bag and my husband will bring his new imago. Will definitely post pictures!
    Ohhhh!! I can't wait! You always take such awesome photos!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

NYC is awesome for the holidays, I would highly recommend you check out Wafels & Dinges

Quote Originally Posted by OnMyWay View Post
    Hi all,

Just made plans for a 4 day trip to New York City in December and I'm already plotting ways to see if I can do it just with my WF. Many fun hours of planning my packing list are in my future...

Anybody else have holiday travel plans? Which bags are you going to take?

Volunteer Moderator
    I did 7 days in NYC + 4 days in Montreal with just a WF, so I think you'll be fine Just wear your winter stuff on the plane
    dorayme likes this.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    I did 7 days in NYC + 4 days in Montreal with just a WF, so I think you'll be fine Just wear your winter stuff on the plane
    Please share your packing list, and how yiu laundered everything, this is so impressive to me!
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I've got an 8 day trip to my grandparents place in Sun City, AZ. I'll be flying out of Milwaukee to Phoenix on Southwest. Sadly I made the mistake of waiting over the Thanksgiving weekend to purchase tickets--I could have gotten a first class ticket on Air Tran for 167--now on economy on Southwest it's around 250 each way. Oh well. I'll be using my Aeronaut on its maiden voyage for my main storage, and either my Super Ego or Cadet as my personal item. (Sort of annoying--due to me flying southwest the parents want me to check a golf bag due to the free bags--so I'll still end up sitting around the stupid luggage area regardless of my savvy carry-on luggage :-(

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Please share your packing list, and how yiu laundered everything, this is so impressive to me!
    Actually dorayme, you've already seen my packing list, quoted below:

Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    It's all in here:

Inside the Tom Bihn Packing Cube Backpack:
    black Icebreaker Meridian short sleeved shirt
    black ExOfficio Kizmet Camper 1/2 sleeve shirt
    striped white BR shirt
    grey pants
    black Banana Republic dress pants
    black Columbia shorts
    5x ExOfficio Give-N-Go Bikini Brief, 1x Jockey bikini brief
    1x VS bra
    2x Teko socks, 1x dress socks
    pink plaid shorts
    black Nike Dri-Fit tank
    Packtowl
    1x ziploc gallon sized bag
    2x ziploc 2-gallon sized bags

Tom Bihn Packing Cube Shoulder Bag:
    light grey/clear slippers (aka flip-flops) in plastic bag

3-1-1 bag:
    Olay moisturizer/sunblock
    mini A&H toothpaste
    mini H&S shampoo
    sunblock
    Blistex
    NIVEA lip balm

Tom Bihn 3D Clear Organizer Cube:
    travel toothbrush
    Dr. Bronner's tea tree soap bar
    Soap container
    Salux Washcloth
    face washcloth

Tom Bihn FOT Pouch:
    Brookstone nail clippers
    Band-aids
    Immodium, Tylenol Cold, Benadryl

Tom Bihn Small Organizer Pouch:
    Wet wipes

Tom Bihn Passport Pouch:
    Passport
    Colored Key Strap

Tom Bihn Clear Mini Organizer Pouch:
    Thumb drives

Tom Bihn Kit:
    Memory cards
    Camera
    Camera charging cables
    iPhone backup power supply

Coach bag:
    sanitary napkins

Trip info printed out and put into folder, Extra copy of passport
    Wallet
    handkerchief
    black belt
    Surefire flashlight
    Flashlight extra battery
    sunglasses
    TB cleaning cloth
    Laundry line
    iPhone
    iPhone bumper
    iPhone charging cable
    Murder on the Orient Express mass-market paperback
    Luggage lock for hostel locker

Grand total (weight): 14.5 pounds

Pictures and more on the blog linked in signature.
    As far as laundering went, I found a self-service laundromat near where we were staying in NYC and laundered my clothes there. Made friends with the guy who worked there - turns out he was from Nepal! Very cool.

tiny rural town in the Piedmont of the Carolinas
    Oh, we'll, it's still amazing! I absolutely love my Western Flyer, I wonder about as many days in cold weather?
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP, RiPad, FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

I'll be going to Tennessee to see my family. We're getting a cabin in the mountains this time, and it should be gorgeous there!

I'll be taking my Western Flyer, and either my Co-Pilot or Synapse as a companion. I'm doing the stockings for everyone this year, so I think I'll probably take the Synapse to tote all the goodies back with me!
    Indigo/Solar Western Flyer, Aubergine/Steel Tri Star, Nordic/Steel Aeronaut, Indigo/Solar Synapse, Cocoa/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Wasabi Small Cafe Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Aubergine/Hemp/Steel Imago, Wasabi Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Small Shop Bags, Solar Dyneema and Nordic Dyneema Large Shop Bags, Indigo, Wasabi Dyneema, and Plum 3D Organizer Cubes, Wasabi Dyneema Travel Tray, Wasabi Dyneema Large Yarn Stuff Sack, Small, Mini and Pen/Pencil Pouches, an assortment of key straps

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dorayme View Post
    Oh, we'll, it's still amazing! I absolutely love my Western Flyer, I wonder about as many days in cold weather?

Yeah, that's the only part that I was slightly concerned about since the OP is going in December. But really, one can just wear the same outerwear the whole time including on the plane... And then packing the under-layers should be the same as any other trip!

Quote Originally Posted by mfeinstein View Post

LOL...WMD = Wafel of Mass Deliciousness. It sounds fabulous! Thanks for the recommendation.
    My Tom Bihn stuff: Western Flyer (Black/Steel), Large WF packing cube (Steel), Packing Cube Shoulder Bag (Steel), Absolute shoulder strap, Horizontal Cache, Clear Organizer Wallet (Plum), Small Dyneema pouch (UV), Ballistic Nylon Pen/Pencil Pouch (Steel), FOJ Pouch (Navy), Clear Quarter Packing Cube (UV), Small Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), and the Super Secret Mystery Gift!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0