Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By misterN

Thread: My Summer Super Ego Packing List

My Summer Super Ego Packing List

So I've had my Super Ego for about 3 months now; I figured I'd put up my packing list I'm currently rocking everyday.

Summer School Packing List
    Main Compartment
    - Horizontal Freudian Slip
    In it, I have the following: Two Zebra 507 Pens, Two Sharpie Liquid Pencils, A Case Logic USB Thumb Drive Case, Two Small Moleskin Notebooks, One Large Moleskin, One Boorum and Please Ledger, and a couple of file folders, oh and my iPad
    - Amazon Kindle inside of a Tom Bihn padded Kindle Case
    - Nikon D3100 Digital SLR w/17-55 Nikkor Lens
    - Nikkor 55-200 SLR Lens inside of a Case Logic Lens Holder
    Front Pocket

-One Tom Bihn Organizer Wallet
    -One Steel Dyneema Pouch with my Camera Charger and iPad camera connectivity kit.
    -A couple extra pens and pencils
    -Tom Bihn Keystrap
    -Tube of Toothpaste and a Toothbrush
    -FoJ Pouch with my one foot USB Cables in it (Micro, Mini, D) and iPad connector cable.
    Zippered Pockets

-One Small Solar Dyneema Pouch with various audio cables, connectors, adapters, etc.
    -One Mini Clear Organizer Pouch with various nic-nac type items
    -One Mini Padded Organizer Pouch holding my earbuds.

If I could get away with it, I'd also try to fit my Brain Cell with my 13" Macbook in the main compartment--but it just gets too tight; plus when I bring my Macbook, I need to bring my snake charmer and the bag just becomes way too full to do so!

Anyways, Enjoy!
    ncb4 and TXGirl like this.

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

Wow! I can't believe you can fit an iPad, a Kindle, a DSLR with lens, all that other stuff, and possibly squeeze in your 13-Macbook as well. That's a lot of bag. Do you have an Absolute Strap with it to help out your shoulders?

I'm rocking the Q-AM strap on it currently. I have only filled the bag up once that full and it was very uncomfortable to hold.

What I'm surprised about the most is how I've actually been able to go without having my laptop attached to my hip at all times. (Well sort of--I really want to get a 11.6" new Macbook Air to alleviate the bag space problem.)

Black/Steel/Wasabi Super Ego, Cardinal/Steel 15"/13" Cadet, Cardinal/Steel Aeronaut, Olive/Cayenne 13" Ristretto, Camera Insert/Outsert, Horizontal Freudian Slip, 13" MBA Cache, Brain Cell for 13" Macbook, Steel Snake Charmer, FoT/FoJ pouch, Organizer Wallet, and more organizer pouches than I can shake a stick at.

I know: I don't go anywhere without some kind of computing device either. For a while, I tried to make do with my iPod Touch and a wireless keyboard. But I got an 11-inch Macbook Air last fall and I LOVE it! It's so slim and lightweight that I have no hesitation about taking it everywhere with me. You won't regret it if you get one.

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    I know: I don't go anywhere without some kind of computing device either. For a while, I tried to make do with my iPod Touch and a wireless keyboard. But I got an 11-inch Macbook Air last fall and I LOVE it! It's so slim and lightweight that I have no hesitation about taking it everywhere with me. You won't regret it if you get one.
    Yea... I really liked the 11 inch ones when I was looking at them in March. I'm just a little hesitant on it because of their battery life. You'd think Apple would be able to get 6-7 hours out of it for that size >.<

I'm not sure what Apple is saying the newly-updated Airs are alleged to get in terms of battery life, but with mine, I can squeeze out six hours if I turn down screen brightness, and if I'm just doing word processing, email, light Internet usage, etc.

First reviews are showing it around the 4 1/2 hour mark at 40% brightness and constant internet usage--which is around 30-45 mins less than the 2010 version. Part of me is debating going into the 13 inch version... so much to think about >.<

I bought my Ego right after seeing pics of misterN's Super Ego & I've been using it everyday for work. It carries ALOT, but the absolute strap makes the weight of the load seem lighter. It's a fantastic bag!!
    Synapse 25 (Steel Dyneema/UV), Organizer Pouches ( Dyneema, Cordura, Cork - various size & colors), FoJ Pouch, FoT Pouch, 2011 TB Mystery gift(Cork pouch), 2012 Mystery Gift (Forest/ Steel) Pocket Pouch, Sm Yarn Stuff Sack (UV), Small Shop Bag (Steel), Large Shop Bag (UV), Various Color Key Straps, Side Effect (Steel Dyneema/Wasabi)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0