What's in my Ristretto for iPad
I actually bought my Ristretto a month or so before the iPad 3G was available. It was my first Tom Bihn, so I first bought just the Ristretto, but then found out about organizer pouches :)
So here's how I pack it...
In the main compartment:
iPad in Apple case
Apple Bluetooth Keyboard
Medium organizer pouch with iPad charger, microfiber cloth, over-the-ear headphones
Small organizer pouch on keystrap with iPhone charger, battery, car adapter
Keys on keystrap
In the front compartment:
Wallet in zippered compartment
In the pockets: pen, pencil, tissues, small Moleskine Volant notebook, cellphone or inhaler
Clear mini organizer pouch on keystrap for receipts, business cards, notes, etc.
Sunglasses in small padded organizer pouch (not in photos)
In the back pocket:
Moleskine Cahier journal
Often some loose papers (e.g., letters to be mailed, boarding pass)
Over packing the Ristretto for ipad
My Packing List for the iPad Ristretto.
I packed for an outing expected to last 3-6 hrs, travel by car - I was expecting to spend some time wandering around and some time waiting for an appointment.
Took enough stuff to amuse me for a week...
This list is way more than I would normally carry but would approximate what I may want to take on a med/long haul flight.
- ipad with smart cover
- apple wireless keyboard
- A4 spanish workbook (50 pages)
- Macworld magazine
- med sized paperback novel
- mini padded pouch with apple earbuds
- organiser wallet with various just-in-case items (headache pills, eyedrops, etc) the kind of stuff you mostly don't use but really appreciate having if you do need it.
- small organiser pouch with tissues/wet wipes
- 450ml disposable water bottle (part filled)
- bi-fold wallet with cash, 1xCC, licence.
- housekeys, car key.
- (on the way home, a compass ipad stand I bought at an apple store)
It was full, fitting the ipad stand in (with packaging) was tricky.
I weighed it when I got home - 6kg without the water bottle but including the absolute strap. This is too heavy for me to carry routinely (shoulder & neck issues)
I lightheartedly said in another forum post that I was miffed when the Beloved decided the Ristretto was to be a joint resource for the family ipad. Actually it's a good thing because it means I can get him to carry it when it's too heavy for me.
And what did I use?
- water bottle
- magazine (briefly, novel would have done)