Volunteer Moderator

packing list for the packing cube shoulder bag

packing list for the packing cube shoulder bag:
    • one pair of slippers

over the holidays, i spent a bit of time visiting with friends and family, including spending all of christmas day at one friend's place, and all of new year's at another friend's place.

i really like wearing my wool lined slippers when i'm inside because they keep my feet warm. i found that carrying them inside the packing cube shoulder bag made it easy for me to take them wherever i went - so much so, that even this past sunday, i brought them with me wherever i went, even if we were visiting with someone for just an hour or two.

i would go in, take my slippers out of the packing cube shoulder bag, take off my boots that i was wearing outside, slip on my slippers, and feel very much at home! then, when it's time to go, the slippers come off and go back into the packing cube shoulder bag, and the boots go back on, and i'm ready to head out.

my 4 year old son saw me doing this, and on new year's day, he wanted to bring his slippers along also when we headed to my friend's place. there was enough room in the packing cube shoulder bag for my size 9's and his (kids) size 12's!

What a great idea! And, regardless of the comfort of having your very own slippers, this is very thoughtful for for your friends - no wet and sloppy winter treats tracked all over!
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana8 View Post
    What a great idea! And, regardless of the comfort of having your very own slippers, this is very thoughtful for for your friends - no wet and sloppy winter treats tracked all over!
    hi nana8,

i've grown up always taking my shoes off when i come into anyone's home. the soles of our shoes come across all sorts of things when we're out and about, and as you said, you don't want to track that all over anyone's home. so putting on slippers rather than being socked or bare footed is definitely for the comfort of my feet!

Three cheers and more for your parents! We have done the same thing and now all 5 of our kids (ages 11 to 37) automatically remove their shoes when coming inside - anywhere! We even buy IKEA slippers for guests that they take home when leaving. IKEA frequently has these on sale - one size fits all - for a $1.00 a pair. We think it is a nice touch for those who do not carry their slippers along!
    Ego in Black, Steel, Wasabi, Empire Builder in Black, Black, Sapphire (Husband), 2 Brain Cells (Black), 2 Medium Cafe Bags - 1 in Black, Wasabi & 1 in Navy, Cayenne, 2 Large Cafe bags w/Absolute Straps - 1 in Linen, Olive and 1 in Cocoa, Wasabi, Guardian Dual Function Light & Lots of pouches!