Thread: Side Effect

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Side Effect

In this thread, post a list or pictures of What You Carry in your Side Effect. We will add your packing list to the Side Effect page to help give other people a better idea of what the bag can hold.
    U.S. / Canada 1-800-729-9607 / Other countries: +1-206-652-4123
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Contents of my Side Effect

I love my Side Effect and have been extolling its virtues to anyone who'll listen. I switch between my Ego and my large Cafe Bag a couple times a week, and the Side Effect helps me keep all the important stuff together. I took the pic below to show a friend what all I carried in it, and the picture plus the lovely plum color convinced her to buy it as a non-girly-purse replacement.

Missing from the photo: the Canon PowerShot DS1100 I used to take the picture, and a small pouch of Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab imps (perfume samples). And there's still room for more!
    Last edited by Rhiannon; 08-11-2009 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Edited for clarity

Great picture

That's a lot of stuff! And I love the beautiful plum color of your Side Effect. Thanks for posting the photo.

Well, mental confusion *is* listed as a side effect...
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    In this thread, post a list or pictures of What You Carry in your Side Effect.
    how about a video?

My black side-effect is crammed, but organized. I carry it with the shoulder strap, like a purse.

Main compartment:

- one pocket holds a powder compact and a lip balm
    - other interior pocket holds my rather thick mobile phone, plus a small Fisher space pen
    - protein bar (wrapped in zip-top baggie in case of left-overs!)
    - flat comb
    - micro mini Moleskin notebook
    - Tom Bihn ultrasuede wallet for plastic cards, ID's - attached to a key strap
    - leather coin purse
    - Purell hand sanitizer 59 ml size
    - inhaler (asthma medication)
    - small nail files (wrapped in small zip top baggie)
    - small pair of glasses wrapped in cleaning cloth
    - two packets of facial tissues (it's winter, may need the extra! And protects my glasses...I need a new pair anyway.)
    - multiple keys in leather carrier

Rear zippered compartment:
    - spare house key
    - folded plastic grocery bag
    - a few disinfectant wipes double wrapped in zip-top plastic baggies

I also have an additional key strap clipped to another O-ring inside. I can have that hanging outside the bag when it is zipped shut and can clip my bulky but light weight ski-mittens and not worry about their going missing when I'm indoors walking around a mall or store. Yes, it looks odd, but better than having them go missing in the cold.

(if I can figure out how to post pictures...I'll add them.)

I wouldn't mind additional side-effect bags in different colours. Brilliant move of Tom and crew to have the pockets in another colour (Wasabi I think?)

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0