Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Tri-Star

Talking Finally remembered to take photos...

I took a 2 night trip to Dallas this weekend, and finally remembered to take photos of what I packed. Just fyi, I'm a tall, big woman, so my shoes and clothes are just.. big. They take up more room than clothes for someone who's tiny.

The set with notes is on Flickr.

Name:  tristar load more light.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  504.0 KB
    Sorry for the poor lighting -- hotel lighting. Basically clothes and shoes for 2 days, plus unmentionables, netbook, treats for a colleague, and my knitting. LOVE my TB Kit and TB 3D clear organizer for the 311 items.

For the return trip, I added these items (but gave away that box of treats!):
    Name:  dallas yarn purchases 2011.09.30.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  52.8 KB

I also carried my Ristretto, which had my iPad2, wireless keyboard (I didn't know if I could make this trip work with just my iPad2, and that's why I brought the netbook), mobile phone, iPod Touch, wireless hotspot modem, wallet, etc. etc.

Love the straps in the back clothing area of the TriStar -- compressing helps save space! While I use the shoulder strap (the TB Comfort one!), I often use the backpack straps too, which are just wonderful. People look at me in amazement when I whip them out, secure them and am off and running!
    Last edited by lauragayle; 10-02-2011 at 10:20 AM. Reason: photos aren't displaying!
    dorayme and Maria like this.
    Laura Gayle
    http://lauragayle.com

Cadet (black/Iberian), travel tray, cache for Mac keyboard and 13" MBP, Ego, Aeronaut (steel/solar), Tri-star (steel/solar), 2 Absolute straps, 3D clear organizer cube, Swift, Ristretto (black/olive), stuff sacks (all sizes), snake charmer, 2 Kits, various organizer pouches, clear organizer wallet, 2 large Shop Bags... and a partridge in a pear tree.

I always appreciate seeing what people can pack into their bags! You are so organized too.

Now must go look up that issue of Interweave knits "Knit Wear" - really want to see the details of that sweater / shawl on the cover! (I don't know why I ever talked myself out of getting a subscription....probably because I am such a lousy knitter and yet long to be able to knit those more complicated pieces?)
    Last edited by Maria; 10-02-2011 at 09:35 AM.
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Maria, thanks for the comments! knit.wear has lots of photos for the more complicated bits (as in grafting that lovely wrap together). Emphasis seems to be on clothing with clean lines and solid but not complicated construction details. Definitely take a look!
    Laura Gayle
    http://lauragayle.com

Cadet (black/Iberian), travel tray, cache for Mac keyboard and 13" MBP, Ego, Aeronaut (steel/solar), Tri-star (steel/solar), 2 Absolute straps, 3D clear organizer cube, Swift, Ristretto (black/olive), stuff sacks (all sizes), snake charmer, 2 Kits, various organizer pouches, clear organizer wallet, 2 large Shop Bags... and a partridge in a pear tree.

Thanks LauraGayle!! I have several issues going back over the years. It's my favourite of the knitting magazines actually. I need to sign up for classes. I can knit lace (my favourite to knit!) and cables, and decrease. But increase, size, or figuring out my place in the chart if I lost my count...well those are some of the necessities I haven't grasped yet. So a scarf, a small blanket...but no sweaters or socks for me. Someday!

- actually, I need an expert knitter to sit beside me while I go through every single knit and purl - in case I make a mistake and cannot figure out how I got there much less how to fix it.

In the meantime, I admire those that have such skills...and admire their packing skills with a TriStar too!

Quote Originally Posted by lauragayle View Post
    I took a 2 night trip to Dallas this weekend, and finally remembered to take photos of what I packed. Just fyi, I'm a tall, big woman, so my shoes and clothes are just.. big. They take up more room than clothes for someone who's tiny.
    I'm a tall gal too with big feet - was relieved my shoes actually fit in the spot created for them. This summer I used a compression bag in the larger back divider for my clothes, which also worked great. I took the Absolute strap for the long-haul trip, but didn't use it a lot. It was easier to use the backpack straps. The bag was about 21 pounds, so next time I might leave that strap at home for a longer trip. I loved being able to find anything I needed without rummaging. Love the organization of the Tristar, even for tall girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    I need to sign up for classes. I can knit lace (my favourite to knit!) and cables, and decrease. But increase, size, or figuring out my place in the chart if I lost my count...well those are some of the necessities I haven't grasped yet. So a scarf, a small blanket...but no sweaters or socks for me. Someday!

- actually, I need an expert knitter to sit beside me while I go through every single knit and purl - in case I make a mistake and cannot figure out how I got there much less how to fix it.

In the meantime, I admire those that have such skills...and admire their packing skills with a TriStar too!
    Come on over to Ravelry. There's a Tom Bihn group there, and lots of others. And if you can do lace (which I still haven't really done) you can certainly knit. You just need practice.
    Indigo/Black Swift, Kiwi little Swift, Indigo Side Effect, Punch Small Cafe bag, Plum Clear Organizer Wallet, Tall Yarn Stuff sacks in Solar and Steel,

Once I finish my current needlepoint project - I'll certainly practice the knitting again! If I check out Raverly now....out the window will go the current project! THANK YOU - I'll note it in the calendar.

And I see knitting fits a TriStar all too well. I am torn between what colour to get for that bag!
    dorayme likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0