Non-traditional Packing List
I thought I'd send you my packing list for my most recent trip with my Steel/Solar Tristar.
I travel to NC one weekend a month for work. I traveled a little bit lighter on the way out this time because I wanted to go to Trader Joe's to pick up some of my favorite, unavailable in Texas, items.
So here's my list:
- Crochet hook, small scissors, travel papers (receipts from trip/rental car paperwork)
- Small Tom Bihn packing cube with undies, socks, and one cotton shirt
- Recent crochet project (blanket that's about 3'x2.5' at this point... fairly dense stitching)
- Two 16oz bags of Trader Joe's Pecan Praline Granola
- Three small bottles of Mexican Vanilla beans (four beans in each bottle) (I got these from a friend, not at TJs)
- Four 16 oz bags of Trader Joe's Pecan Praline Granola (we love this stuff)
- Two 12 oz bags of Trader Joe's Omega Trek Mix
- Two 8 oz bags of Trader Joe's Egg Pappardelle Pasta
- One 26 oz container of Trader Joe's Sea Salt
- Quart bag filled tight with my toiletries
- Medium Tom Bihn pouch with iPhone charger and Bluetooth headset charger
- Two lady's cotton tops
- One pair corduroy pants
- Two pair LL Bean Perfect Pants
- Eagle Creek Medium packing cube with a few papers and a DVD in it's case
I'm so impressed with this bag. It works well when packed light and when loaded to the brim. The backpack straps were much appreciated with this heavy load and did the job perfectly. And it had no problem whatsoever fitting easily into the overhead compartment.
I did, however, just order my husband an Aeronaut and I think I'll take it next month so I can fit even more Trader Joe's goodies! Looking forward to getting a feel for the Aeronaut!
Tri-Star Packed for 9 Day Trip
I'm in the middle of a 9 day trip and I remembered take some photos as I unpacked my Tri-Star at the hotel.
Here's the Tri-Star fully loaded:
This is the front third packed:
The front third contained:
- A small packing cube containing socks and underwear.
- 1 Pair lounge/PJ pants (packed behind the small cube)
- A 1 quart bag with toiletries
- Standard size Deodorant
- Electric Toothbrush (the gray plastic case)
- Hair Pomade
- Travel Shaving Brush (the black tube)
- The gray pouch (not Bihn) contains other dry toiletries, medications, q-tips, etc.
The middle third of the Tri-Star holds my Packing Cube Backpack:
The packing cube contains:
- Six casual collared shirts
- 5 Tee shirts
- A light/medium weight sweater
- A ScottEVest Q-zip pullover
- A pair of gym shorts
The rear third of the tristar holds three pairs of pants and a couple of travel guides: