Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By thisisme
  • 4 Post By blackfungi

Thread: Shop Bag

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Shop Bag

In this thread, post a list or pictures of What You Carry in your Shop Bag. We will add your packing list to the Shop Bag page to help give other people a better idea of what the bag can hold.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Volunteer Moderator
    I don't recommend this (at least until the Shop Bag with the longer handles comes out so you have clearance to throw it over a shoulder), but I just lugged a pack of 24 16.9 fl oz bottles of Aquafina water home from the store using my Shop Bag. To clarify, that's approximately 25 pounds of water, plus the weight of the packaging. And it looks none at all the worse for wear!

I was at Trader Joe's the other day and this is what I was able to fit in the larger shop bag and carried it by hand and walked for two blocks without much problem: 4 bottles of wine (two each in the inner side pockets), one bag of granny apples, two packages of spaghetti, one box of cereal, one bag of chips, one six pack of root beer, and one bag of bagels.

Volunteer Moderator
    That is a LOT!!!

We're currently working on our dive certification, so I needed a way to carry my long wetsuit to and from the dive sites. I found my (original) shop bag to be just what I was looking for to bring it home wet and keep everything else dry. There was also room in there for my mask and snorkel.

The other weekend we used our Lg. Shop Bag for a run to Whole Foods. I failed to get pictures from the Farmer's Market but you get the idea of the carrying capacity this thing has!

Full Bag
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/4598282...l-57753561@N00

Contents
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/4598282...-57753561@N00/

not quite as impressive as the Aquafina, but...

Took two shop bags to the grocery store to load up food for my employees - we ordered barbecue in for lunch (Oklahoma Joe's for those who want to know). So I loaded these up with:
    8 two liter bottles of soda
    two boxes of pop-tarts (guilty pleasure)
    huge thing of paper napkins
    huge thing of paper plates
    huge thing of cups
    huge thing of disposable silverware
    tablecloth

and I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff. The grocery store packer was a retired fellow who was SOOOO impressed with how much these held!

Laura Gayle
    http://lauragayle.com

Cadet (black/Iberian), travel tray, cache for Mac keyboard and 13" MBP, Ego, Aeronaut (steel/solar), Tri-star (steel/solar), 2 Absolute straps, 3D clear organizer cube, Swift, Ristretto (black/olive), stuff sacks (all sizes), snake charmer, 2 Kits, various organizer pouches, clear organizer wallet, 2 large Shop Bags... and a partridge in a pear tree.

Stocking up ahead of another snowfall: in the Large SB, four tuna-size cans of no-grain wet cat food, a small bag of no-grain dry food, and a small bag of World's Best Cat Litter. Got him covered coming and going.

Quote Originally Posted by gmanedit View Post
    Stocking up ahead of another snowfall: in the Large SB, four tuna-size cans of no-grain wet cat food, a small bag of no-grain dry food, and a small bag of World's Best Cat Litter. Got him covered coming and going.
    I didn't realize the large shop bag would be able to hold a small bag of that brand of cat litter! Thanks for this particular packing list!

Now to figure out what colour bag I want!

Large Shop Bag and some toes

Here is a picture of what I put in my Large Shop Bag the other day.
    3 loaves of bread, 2 litres of milk, 500 ml of cream, 1 lbs of butter, some frozen fish.
    Name:  large_shop_bag.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  94.8 KB
    Last edited by thisisme; 08-15-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: added a hard return
    My little set of TB stuff:
    Western Flyer (steel/ultraviolet)
    Small Pouch (cork)
    Large Shop Bag (solar)
    packing cubes

Your sandals are adorable!
    http://www.tombihn.com
    1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
    Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Thanks, Katy! They're cheap-o plastic sandals from a very large retailer that I will not name ;-)
    My little set of TB stuff:
    Western Flyer (steel/ultraviolet)
    Small Pouch (cork)
    Large Shop Bag (solar)
    packing cubes

a very stuffed large shop bag. i can't get enough of the poron handles!!!!!!!
    aeronaut[black/solar]tristar[black/red iberian]western flyer[black/steel]synapse[black/steel]side effect[black/wasabi]medium cafe bag[black/wasabi]large cafe bag[black/wasabi]shopping bag[steel].

Quote Originally Posted by globug View Post
    The other weekend we used our Lg. Shop Bag for a run to Whole Foods. I failed to get pictures from the Farmer's Market but you get the idea of the carrying capacity this thing has!

Full Bag
    Grocery run | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Contents
    What was in there | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    How well does a Shop Bag handle when it is used inside-out?
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.