Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Smart Alec

Thanks for featuring my list on the blog, Darcy! Hopefully it helps someone buy this bag. I keep recommending it/Tom Bihn to people every week.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Thank /you/, leviathan. I think your packing list gives a good sense of what a Smart Alec can hold.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

The bag itself is way bigger than I expected when I first ordered it. My daily office routine hardly utilizes 1/3 of its capacity. With any luck I'll be back on the road soon and using the bag to it's full potential on a daily basis. I look forward to finding an organization and packing list that satisfies my daily needs.

This includes the upcoming camera insert. I can't wait to safely carry my camera with me everywhere. My current camera bag (LowePro Slingshot AW100 - http://products.lowepro.com/product/...-AW,2034,4.htm) isn't practical unless I'm on a dedicated shoot.

Thanks for this review leviathan. I ordered my Smart Alec about 19 hrs ago... though I live in Sydney, Australia so it will take a few days to arrive. You would not believe how excited I am!!!

Packing Cubes

Hello All,

All I have at the moment for travel is the Smart Alec and the Clear Quarter Packing Cube. I plan on leaving my MacPro and Vertical Brain Cell at home.

Now what I would to know is what packing cubes would fit optimally?

This would be for a minimalist 10 day long trip to England this summer. Laundry will be available so... It might stretch to 2 weeks (adding France) if the lady friend joins me.

Any suggestions (hint, hint, it doesn't mention on the packing cube webpage nor on the Smart Alec webpage)?

Many Thanks,
    Iain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0