Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: 2-4-6-8. Here's what Badger took to the Beaver State.

2-4-6-8. Here's what Badger took to the Beaver State.

Name:  IMG_00230.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  93.2 KB
    I fit all this stuff in my A45. How, you ask?

Name:  IMG_00231.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  84.1 KB
    By putting the stuff into these cubes, sacks, and pouches.

Name:  IMG_00232.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  56.8 KB
    And then putting the cubes, sacks, and pouches into the A45 (I didn't take the little pink steamed bun mascot; I just thought you might like to see him).

Here's what I took, in the intensely anal-retentive detail you expect from me:
    Clothes [Large A45 Packing Cube]: a wool cardigan; a dress shirt and tie; four t-shirts; a hoody; a pair of pants
    Clothes [A45 Travel Stuff Sack]: three pairs of Icebreaker chonies; five pairs of socks (three to wear, and two to recycle at the Patagonia store)
    Toiletries [3D Clear Organizer Cube]: three little bottles of contact solution (I'm using up a few half-used bottles); toothpaste; hair wax; shower gel; moisturizer
    Toiletries [Small Double Organizer Pouch]: floss; tweezers; nail clipper; spare contacts; contact case; eye drops (two kinds)
    Pharmaceuticals [Mini Solar OP]: lots of drugs.
    Office [Cache, Mesh 3D OC]: 11" MBA; Hobonichi Techo; Field Notes; Sharbo X LT3 (multipen); Pilot RExgrip
    Cables [Travel Tray]: MBA charger; iPhone charger; retractable USB/Lightning cable; USB/micro cable; Jackery Bar; car phone charger; Guardian Light
    On the plane stuff [Side Effect]: Kindle; earbuds; XS Moleskine Volant; Fisher Space Pen; hand sanitizer; lip balm; mints; Advil; half a pack of Morinaga Hi-Chew; two hard candies (suspiciously named "Flowers' Kiss")
    Other random loose things: SoftStar shoes; Camper shoes; a belt; a blue pillbox with lots of drugs; bottles of painkillers; three travel packs of Kleenex; sunglasses; regular glasses; full-size deodorant (it's almost empty so I was like why the hell not); water bottle; box of stationery and a bookmark for my mom; Burnt Orange Daylight Backpack.

To be continued...

...Continued

Over the weekend, I ordered some beverages.
    Name:  IMG_00233.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  107.4 KB

And then I consumed some beverages.
    Name:  IMG_00234.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  124.2 KB

I also stumbled upon an Icebreaker Outlet store. They were having a 40-70% off sale. I didn't buy much, but I'm so glad I did, because they put the stuff in this insanely disturbing bag (which may very well deserve its own thread):
    Name:  IMG_00235.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  38.7 KB

I will reveal more things as the things occur....

Hobonichi Techo! I have an English version and I'm in love with it. I just drew today how much I love it. I'm in a Facebook group with 1,300 users about how much we all love it.
    I also have that same Aeronaut> Mine is steel on the inside.
    Also, beer. I love beer. Was one of those Deschutes Freshly Squeezed? That's my favorite.

Tom Bihn, please tell me you're going to make that design an option for your bags!
    Darcy likes this.

Now you made me thirsty!

That bag is seriously scary. I can see why you needed all that beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Exhaust the little moment.
    Soon it dies.
    And be it gash or gold it will not come
    Again in this identical disguise."
    -Gwendolyn Brooks

Haha, that is indeed a daunting bag! But wait... there's an Icebreaker outlet?? *gasps*

Someday I have got to go drinking with you; though on second thought, there is no way I could keep up. [I'm a wimp.] But as @pokilani said, I do see why you needed all these beverages to help you cope with that truly bizarre Icebreaker bag. We definitely need to discuss that in a separate thread; what the !@#$ ?

There are so many little goodies buried in your anal retentive list as well: Flower Kisses, two mentions of "lots of drugs" AND a third mention of painkillers. I hope you're not ill! But then, when I look at the list of toiletries, cosmetics, and first aid items with which I travel, it does tend to include lots of "antis," such as antihistamines, anti-inflammatories, anti-fungals, anti-itch, etc.

I agree about the utter fabulosity of the Aeronaut 45: I love my Aubergine/Wasabi version. I swear you could carry enough for an Antarctic expedition, and not be bent over to the ground when carrying it.

Hope you had a wonderful visit with your mother! What bookmark did you give her?

~Nancy

i don't understand why everyone is so surprised by gisele bündchen riding a ram-like minotaur. seems perfectly normal.

Badger, what is the model name of your Camper Shoes?

Impressive packing!

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Badger, what is the model name of your Camper Shoes?

Impressive packing!
    Those look to be in the Peu line. Campers are fantastically comfortable! I've walked 5-14 miles through NYC and London in a their ballet flats.

"Exhaust the little moment.
    Soon it dies.
    And be it gash or gold it will not come
    Again in this identical disguise."
    -Gwendolyn Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks View Post
    Hobonichi Techo! I have an English version and I'm in love with it. I just drew today how much I love it. I'm in a Facebook group with 1,300 users about how much we all love it.
    I also have that same Aeronaut> Mine is steel on the inside.
    Also, beer. I love beer. Was one of those Deschutes Freshly Squeezed? That's my favorite.
    I'm still mentally working out the best practices for using the Techo—I do so much "work" writing but I'd like to at least attempt to write some "not-work" stuff daily. The thing that I like best about the Techo is that it looks like a missal.

I had so many beers!:
    1) Birdshot
    2) Fruit Stripe NW Pale Ale
    3) Zarabanda (the collab beer with José Andres)
    4) Fresh Squeezed (love this beer—all my attempts to get it in Wisconsin were thwarted so it was sweet victory)
    5) Roth IRA
    6) Hophenge
    7) The Dissident (which is a sour Brett wild-fermented beer, super skunky and tear-inducing)

Quote Originally Posted by jcinverso View Post
    Tom Bihn, please tell me you're going to make that design an option for your bags!
    I would kill for a Flocculent Man Sheep bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    That bag is seriously scary. I can see why you needed all that beer.

It's super charitable of you to think that I drank the beer after acquiring the bag, but I cannot lie: I had all of that the day before . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    Someday I have got to go drinking with you; though on second thought, there is no way I could keep up. [I'm a wimp.] But as @pokilani said, I do see why you needed all these beverages to help you cope with that truly bizarre Icebreaker bag. We definitely need to discuss that in a separate thread; what the !@#$ ?

There are so many little goodies buried in your anal retentive list as well: Flower Kisses, two mentions of "lots of drugs" AND a third mention of painkillers. I hope you're not ill! But then, when I look at the list of toiletries, cosmetics, and first aid items with which I travel, it does tend to include lots of "antis," such as antihistamines, anti-inflammatories, anti-fungals, anti-itch, etc.

I agree about the utter fabulosity of the Aeronaut 45: I love my Aubergine/Wasabi version. I swear you could carry enough for an Antarctic expedition, and not be bent over to the ground when carrying it.

Hope you had a wonderful visit with your mother! What bookmark did you give her?

~Nancy
    Most of my drugs are the same as yours, designed to help me cope with the various environments that want to kill me—no anti-itch, thankfully. The bookmark I got my mom was the free one at Kinokuniya (#filialpiety).
    ncb4 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast