Okay, I have my revised packing list. It's as above, but with the following changes:
- no gel soles for the keen person mids. The keen soles are actually more comfortable.
- No book - I'll stick to ebooks only
- No 2x cotton socks
- No 2x boxer briefs
- 1 extra exofficio underwear. I know, that's four total, but they're so light, and I don't want to sleep commando. :-)
- Columbia sportswear zip off travel pants in place of second pair of jeans
- No 2x cotton long-sleeve shirts
- 2 long-sleeve polyesters
- 2 short-sleeve polyesters, not 3.
- Yes on the thin fleece, yes on the scottevest q-zip.
- I dumped the power strip, travel adapters, and apple usb adapters in favor of the lenmar 4-port usb thing with its own adapters.
So, I packed it all up - it definitely compresses down to below 8" thick now, so I'll be fine with RyanAir. Took it to the post office, and it is 17.76 pounds.
Thanks a ton for the advice, and a half-ton for the berating. ;-) I think we're ready to go!