Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Under seat bag storage

I'm more in the camp of "it grosses me out when I think of it."

However, one reason I will never fly Spirit again is that it makes me think of it ALL THE TIME, especially with the lack of barf bags and how close the seats are.
    I love my Aeronaut, Tri-Star, Western Flyer, Cadet 15 Brain Cell, Imago, Medium Cafe Bag (daily bag), Swift, Side Effect and accessories (snake charmer, packing cubes, stuff sacks, pouches, lights, keystraps, etc.) Eagerly awaiting trays and Canine Citizens! Picture to come soon.

OK, completely gross and I'm not sure that my life has been improved by reading this thread.

It does remind me though of our trip to Europe many years ago now pre-children.

We flew Alitalia to Rome from Sydney via Melbourne with a refuel in Bangkok. Trip time 20+ hours in a metal tube breathing recycled air. In those days you could smoke in certain sections of the plane and lets just stay that the toilet accuracy of Italian men left a lot to be desired. Similarly the cleanliness in other aspects of the flight was not Alitalia's strong suit.

Despite that we survived, the body is amazing in so many ways!

Reading this thread gave us the idea to quickly sew up some rip stop nylon stuff sacks to put in synapse bags in when putting under the seat. This should protect it from an accidental spill and corral all the straps from getting snagged or ending up in the aisle.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by SKIMT View Post
    Reading this thread gave us the idea to quickly sew up some rip stop nylon stuff sacks to put in synapse bags in when putting under the seat. This should protect it from an accidental spill and corral all the straps from getting snagged or ending up in the aisle.
    That's awesome!
    "Exhaust the little moment.
    Soon it dies.
    And be it gash or gold it will not come
    Again in this identical disguise."
    -Gwendolyn Brooks

We used them at the grocery store this morning....so multi use.
    Moose and Pokilani like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    BEST SOLUTION: The Clipa purse hook.

Purse Hanger | Clipa Instant Handbag Hanger | Purse Hooks

You can hang an elephant off of those things. Well, a 45-pound elephant (they're rated to 45 pounds).
    Great tip and it ships overseas! Thanks for sharing!

I was thinking about were to hang a full loaded Aeronaut in public bathrooms...

A couple of clipa may just be the solution !!
    Working on issues with Aeronaut packing organizers,
    hoping for the perfect Aeronaut sidekick, a second generation PCSB with the organization of SE and the size of a EPPC!

I missed this thread the first time around, but I'm really happy to know I'm not the only one who thinks about this stuff.

Except I'm kind of sad that my innocence about seat back pockets has now been ruined. I had no idea they could be so gross! I shower after I land with every trip though (and the bags I travel with contain the bags I actually carry around daily), so while I'm sure I get exposed to all sorts of stuff on the trip, I do my best not to bring it home with me. (I work in hospitals anyway so I'm used to temporarily being in gross places then getting clean at home).
    Owner of:
    Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches, Shop Bag in Steel Dyneema (love it!), Synapse in Steel/Steel (love it too!), and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    Great tip and it ships overseas! Thanks for sharing!

I was thinking about were to hang a full loaded Aeronaut in public bathrooms...

A couple of clipa may just be the solution !!
    If that really works for an Aeronaut let me know! I would get one.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    If that really works for an Aeronaut let me know! I would get one.
    Ok!

I will finish my order tomorrow, but from the online reviews I saw online, it does fit the bill!
    Working on issues with Aeronaut packing organizers,
    hoping for the perfect Aeronaut sidekick, a second generation PCSB with the organization of SE and the size of a EPPC!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4