Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Since it does not look like the TB luggage tags are coming back any time soon, I've purchased some on Etsy that are gorgeous and were custom-made to match my TB bags to boot! Yes, I emailed jackandbeedesigns photos of TB bags in Forest, Nordic and Aubergine, and Portia there emailed me back some fabric choices. I made my selection and got these tags within a week.

Luggage tag recommendations?-jackandbeedesigns-tags-jpg

They are very well made and I like that the contact information card is slipped into the inner pocket of the tags instead of being visible. Some I will keep and some will be gifted (they work well as gift tags also... or to hold gift cards).
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Oh, oh, oh. How beautimous! Must have thses!
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

I have one of these in yellow - I'm such a big kid

Lego Brick Luggage Tag - Choice of Colour (Black): Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 + DLBC
    Leisure: SCBs, MCBs, FJN, Swift, lots of YSSs
    Travel: WF + Pilot or SA, both with SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: A new dyneema colour for YSSs; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

Forum Member
    i recently switched to a bucky identigrip tag in a truly obnoxious neon green color. it was about $6-7 on amazon, fits perfectly around the aeronaut's top grab handle (also has a loop to attach to the handle, should the velcro some undone somehow), and keeps my info safely out of view until it's needed. i like that it is securely fastened and doesn't flop around like most tags do!

On my Synapse 19 I have a luggage tag I picked up at Magellan's that resembles the Scanner Bag from Gadget Duck (description and links below). It's great for hiding one of my emergency cash stashes. As a backup, I like lost-and-found tags, also described in the following post:
    Luggage tag tips - Packing Light TravelPacking Light Travel
    Attached Images Attached Images Luggage tag recommendations?-luggage-tag-bag-jpg 

Forum Member
    I use an old Swiss Air tag that has four pieces of information on it: my name, my email address, my mobile phone number, and a final line saying "Please see note inside for places I can be reached while traveling." Then the last thing I add to my bag is a piece of paper listing the dates and contact info for the hotels I will be staying at, and the estimated arrival at home and my home address. I very seldom check a bag, but if I have to, I feel confident the airline could track me down and deliver the bag if need be. Boring but utilitarian.
    Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Forum Member
    I make my own rather unattractive but functional tags with those Scotch self-sealing luggage tag pouches. I print up business card size luggage tags with my photo, name, city, state, cell phone number and email address. I leave off my address and home phone. Sorry, not very stylish, but they work and if the baggage carrier rips them off, cheap and easy to replace.

There was an offer from KLM once, you just upload a picture and write your name and contacts. I received them after 10 days and I was really happy with the quality of the picture. The only bad thing is that they didn't come with some kind of lace or something.

Forum Member
    We ordered 7 of these -- https://www.etsy.com/listing/9321499..._home_active_1 --- and we LOVE them. The Craftsman was so pleasant to work with when I had a few questions & we had them in less than a week. They are rustic, genuine leather, and look like they will last forever.

We have them on our A45s, S25, EagleCreek No Matter What Duffel, and some packable totes.