Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Forum Member

Arizona Packing List for a Pregnant Lady

Arizona Packing List: Christmas
    This year we are traveling to Tucson to visit the in-laws for a week. Initially, I worried that my pregnancy garb (I will be 18/19 weeks during the trip) would interfere with my normal packing routine of taking just my Synapse and MCB. However, having fewer outfits that I can actually wear has made it much easier to pack than before because I have fewer options. I invested in 2 really nice maternity dresses that I wear frequently for work/fun/errands. I bought cheaper maternity pants and tops from Kohlís maternity line during a big on-line sale. I am happy it all fits (on me and in the bags)!

Plane outfit:
    Maternity Tights
    Black Isabella Oliver Dress
    Red belt
    Black sweater
    Silk scarf
    Coat
    Black Dansko shoes

Synapse Items:
    Pants-
    Black maternity pants
    Maternity tights
    Dress-
    Pink Isabella Oliver
    Tops-
    Pink jersey maternity shirt
    Pink sweater maternity top

Small travel sack:
    undies
    2 warm socks
    t-shirt/night gown

Travel sack:
    Accessories and Tech:
    Silk Scarf (on plane)
    Wool scarf
    2 belts- (1 worn on plane)
    phone/computer/kindle chargers

Shoes:
    Black Keds flats

311 case:
    Contacts/Travel Solution
    Face wipes
    Foundation (with SPF)
    Blush/Mascara
    Travel toothbrush

In MCB:
    Wallet
    11 inch Macbook Air
    Kindle
    iPhone
    Travel brush
    Glasses

Congratulations! Great that your slightly expanded self and wardrobe work in the S19. You continue to inspire me!

Just saw this--congratulations on your impending Interesting Event! And have a great trip--I love Tucson and Arizona in general. Wish I was there now instead of our mid-Atlantic deep freeze.

I have a question--I see you are wearing a dress on the plane. The last couple of times I've flown in a dress or skirt, I got a secondary search and they pretty much said it was because of the skirt. Sometimes I would rather wear a comfortable skirt than pants, especially if I'm going to a professional conference. Do you get singled out for extra security when you fly in a skirt?

Forum Member
    Hi @MaggieScratch! Thank you

I don't usually get singled out for extra searches with a skirt or a dress because I have "Global Entry/TSA Pre-Check" clearance. I just whiz through the check points most of the time with my pre-check.

Hmm. Pre-Check becomes more attractive all the time. Thanks for the response!